This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple commands generated spuriously

I just hooked up a CM11A and another machine to monitor activity on my system. A differen machine is running HS with Ocelot. I noticed that issuing a command from the Ocelot generates a bunch of garbage traffic. For example, if I request an A4 AOff (either from HS or Cmax), it is transmitted, then another 6~8 AOff commands occur right after it. This happens regularly. You would not notice it without a separate machine monitoring the line, since the HS machine doesn't really see the Ocelot transmissions.

These spurious commands cause all sorts of odd problems with modules turning on and off unexpectedly, etc. Anyone have an opinion on whether my Ocelot is sick?

Kirk:

Yes I have noticed the repeat commands as well. I haven't really troubleshot the problem, just attributed it to my Phase Coupler/Repeater installed in my breaker box, or my RF repeater that is also in my system.

I just placed a timer and waited one to two seconds between a command (such as a remote command) before I executed the next command (in CMax).
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Yup, I have a phase coupler/amp installed also. However, these multiple commands don't occur when the X10 is generated by something other than the Ocelot. Hmmmm

Comment

I had that problem when I first got my Ocelot, and doing the capacitor mod (replacing the 100uF with a 470 uF) in the TW-523 cured it for good. This was due to the Ocelot looking to receive what it sends out, and repeating the command a number of times if this is not the case.

-----------------------------
        If you don't know what you're doing... do it neatly.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Can you point me to where I can go to get the details? Thanks.

Comment

All you have to do is open up the TW-523 (or PSC05) and look at one of the two small PC boards making up the module. There are two electrolytic capacitors (large can-shaped parts). One will be labeled as 470uF/50V, which is fine. The other one, nearest to the phone type connector, is labeled as 100uF/25V. You unsolder that one and replace it with a 470uf/25V part instead. Just make sure that your replacement part will fit ok once the module is re-assembled.

-----------------------------
            If you don't know what you're doing... do it neatly.

Comment

Working...
            X