This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting SECU16I and SECU16IR to OCELOT

I purchased a SECU16I and SECUR16IR to use with my OCELOT. I am moving to OCELOT/SECU16$ equipment rather than UM/PF's (I know I need relays for the UM part). Plus, I my need to test hard-wired motion sensors for DooMotion.

The connection of the units has not been trivial and I did not find a single source that has helped me get as far as I am. Connecting power and COMA/COMB was a breeze. The recognization within HomeSeer was the difficult part.

Right off the bat, HomeSeer did not know about the other ADICON modules. So, I went in to CMAX and did the autoaddress. After much time passed, I found out about having to push a button (where did I miss that?). Now CMAX sees the SECU16IR as it showed the name in the Modules window. CMAX says that it autoaddress Module #2 but I see no label for SECU16I.

Back to HomeSeer. HomeSeer now shows that I have a SECU16IR as Module #1 but no Module #2. HomeSeer's IRConfig also shows Zones for the IR devices. Rather than dwelling on the SECU16I issue, I tried sending IR out a zone both using CMAX and HomeSeer event but no luck so that may be other issues to troubleshoot.

I guess I am asking for troubleshooting tips for getting SECU16I recognized and for sending zoned IR out. Assistance would be appreciated.

Jim Doolittle
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Jim,

There are some application notes on the Applied Digital Website:
    App Note Listing
    You'll want to at least check out #10:
    Auto Addressing
    The biggest problem (feature) is that ALL modules that are connected have their addresses cleared when you begin the autoaddressing from CMAX.
    So, the best thing to do is make sure you connect and 'auto'address both modules within one autoaddressing session. There's also not much 'auto' stuff - you have to press the button inside the secu16i/ir when CMAX is looking for the address you want to set it to.

All that aside, if CMAX can send IR through one of the zones, than it is addressed correctly. Homeseer will not show it as a module, because it has no true I/O points. If I remember correctly, you'll need to use cpuxa.PlayRemoteIR(unit#,zone,ir#) to use the secu16ir.

As for all the other nuances of the ocelot and CMAX programming, you'll want to join the AppDig Mail List, but it looks like the site is down at the moment.

There is a FAQ and other app notes regarding CMAX 2.0 at:
    CMAX

Once you get the hang of using the ocelot and associated modules, you'll love them!! They (and ADI's support!!) are amazingly rock solid!!!

Jim

Comment

I am using HomeSeer 1.6.41 and Ocelot Plugin 1.0.25 and HomeSeer does show Secu16IR and in fact IRConfig Shows Zone setting. So, I think HomeSeer events can be used rather than the scripting command. I will test when I get modules confiugred right with CMAX.

Jim Doolittle
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
      X