This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd Problem

I have an Ocelot and a Secu16IR. Thanks to the fantastic help from Dan Boone I was able to get the Ocelot to learn the commands from an old Dish Network Receiver. Model 5000.
    I can open up C-Max and trasmit the codes and control the sat receiver. When I start up HomeSeer and go into the IR setup gui, I select the device, click the T button and it doesn't control the receiver. I have a device that blinks when it receives IR and if I point my emitter at that device it shows a really quick IR. But when I put the emitter back on the sat receiver, nothing. The IR is sent but the receiver ignores it.

Anyone ran into this before and figured it out?

Jeff Farmer

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

One thing you might try..
    Open the lid on your SECU.
    Inside, you might see a jumper, there is only one.
    If installed, remove the jumper.
    This jumper or's the PWM output with the unused external input. The external input transistor might be turning ON, limiting the output.
    Dan Boone, ADI

Comment

I removed the jumper and it still won't control the sat receiver from HS but will from C-Max.

I did notice that when I click the Test button that the IR command is a very short pulse compared to other IR commands that it sends.

Jeff Farmer

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,
        Sounds like HS is sending out a different IR.
        Dan Boone, ADI

Comment

Working...
        X