This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices and IRCodes

I am thinking of writing a script for the Ocelot that has two functions. One will rename all Ocelot devices. I can use that when the devices are re-created thereby losing my custom names. The other function will allow the script to act as an include file so that I can use names instead of numbers for cpuxa.PlayIR.

Jim Doolittle
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Jim,

I've been thinking of writing a script to import the CMAX 2.0 System Map with its device names, etc into HomeSeer.

Wouldn't be too hard to parse that.

And another idea would be to do the reverse, to get the devices and names from HomeSeer and create a System Map (based on a template System Map I guess since HomeSeer doesn't know about everything in the SystemMap). One problem with this is that you can have multiple devices on the same X10 code with HomeSeer, and NOT in the SystemMap, so you'd have to come up with a way for conflict resolution (ie: only use first one, etc).

The first idea seems to be the most useful. That way you could ensure HomeSeer and CMAX are kept in sync when CMAX changes.

Comment

Jim,

Since all the info you need is in an XML file, would it be possible to extract a copy of that, parse it for what you want and save it as a stand alone XML? Or am I looking at it wrong.
      I am thinking of the Windows registry, and how you can extract .reg files, or insert .reg files.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Brian,

I like the idea of working with the System Map.I need to work with mine first as I do not make full use of it since I didn't think any of that info would get to HS.

I read a post about asking Rich if he would open source the Ocelot plugin so that it could be enhanced to take advantage of more of the Ocelot/CMAX features. Don't know if anyone followed up on it (or if he read the post).

GenevaDude,

Parsing what XML file for what data?

Jim Doolittle
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,
          This is slightly off the subject but I need to get some advice/help with my ir commands. I just got the Ocelot & SECU16IR. Everything is working great after setting it all up. The only problem that I have is sending on/off commands. All of my ir devices use toggle on/off method. Can the Ocelot get the device status and determine if that device is really on or off before it sends the ir command? If so, I could change my script to say something like…….. If ON do nothing, If off then hs.sendir “TV (power on/toggle)”

I wrote a script that activates all my DVD home theater devices and starts playing the movie. The script works great as long as all devices are turned off first. If one device is on (lets say the TV) then it goes off.

I’ve been reading some threads on the board about Discrete Codes. Is this what I need to be looking into? If so, can you let me know what I need to do to set this up. C-Max doesn’t have much of a help tool nor does HS on this subject. I’m very new to the ir thing so please provide step-by-step details.

Thanks in advance for your help.
          -Tony

Comment

Tony,

When it comes to the Ocelot/Secu stuff my status goes from "guru" to "newbie" (hmmm...). I'm learning though. Right now I am focusing on the wiring (which I know how to do) until I learn more of the rest.

I'm sure there are others who can help yout out.

Jim Doolittle
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thanks Jim,
              I have been doing alot of "homework" since I posted my question to you and have learned alot just by reading other threads on the board.

After reading many threads on the subject, it appears that Jon Armstrong is the SME on the discussion. I'll contact him and see if he will assist me.

-Tony

Comment

Jim,

It would be nice if ADI used XML for the System Map, but they don't.

I had an email exchange with Jim Beersman from the ADI support forum about formatting the System Map. He was working on something to be able to print it out in a nice format.

Might be good to get in touch with him as then you could share the code to parse the System Map (its pretty simple in theory, but then you have to worry about positional dependencies and keep in mind that the Ocelot and Leopard are different, not to mention the different Modules)...

If it were written things in XML, it probably would be much easier to parse... (or anything using Tags I guess).

Comment

Working...
                X