This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decisions, decisions...

When I get home this weekend (assuming that homeseer sent my software and modem), I get to play with homeseer and my new ocelot.

I had originally planned the following arrangment:

pc->ocelot->pyramid
    pyramid->IR distribution block->Home Theater

I had a brainchild today and that is to...

install the ocelot by my home theater setup rather than in my computer room.

ocelot->ir distribution block->home theatre

I could send up to 16 commands via x10 to the ocelot from homeseer if necessary (taking up 1 house code), and timed events etc. can be programmed directly into the ocelot.

Then I could use my cm11a for x10 control directly from homeseer.

what do you think of the idea? what do you use the ocelot/homeseer combo for that wouldn't be possible if I disconnected the two?

Maybe I'm not exactly following the question, but...

Why put the Ocelot near the A/V system? If I follow what you describe, then this requires running RS-232 cable from your HS PC to the A/V area. If you are simply wanting to do IR there, then a simple 4-conductor (cat5,etc.) cable could be run from the Ocelot to an IR block at the A/V system.

This is what I am doing. I tried the Pyramid/Ocelot combo for a bit with poor results. I was using a Pyramid for years with good results, but it didn't work well with the Ocelot. Getting hardwired IR was one of the best decisions I've made.

gk

Comment

Working...
    X