This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 power supply or more?

I have one ocelot and i will eventually be getting 3 of the ser16ir units , one for each of the main tv locations in the house, i will run cable from each of these locations back to the ocelot. my question is: should i just use the 1 power supply on the ocelot to power all the remote ser16's or should i have a seperate plug in power supply at each ser16 location?

detail of setup in profile
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

You can power all of your modules off of one power supply, but you'll have to get one that is rated higher than the one that came with the Ocelot. It is only rated at 200mA, and you'll likely exceed that with the number of modules you discribe.

See this thread from the Applied Digital forum:
    click here

Comment

collegeboyslive,

Are you sure you need three Secu16IRs? You can easily control two devices per zone using dual mouse emitters or you could control 4+ devices with a connecting block.

Zoned IR is especially useful when you have the same make/model of components in different rooms. Otherwise, it doesn't hurt to send IR commands to multiple devices.

I am not trying to have Applied Digital lose some sales, I just thought you might save some money to but some of their other products. Even though I makes extensive use of HomeSeer speech and playing of wave files, I think I will purchase AppDig's SpeakEasy module.

Jim Doolittle
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

well the 3 tv stations will be in 3 seperate rooms in the house, i thought running 1 wire would be easyer than running long ir cables to several points, some of the wiring routs can esaliy cover over 100 FT between rooms

detail of setup in profile
        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

Working...
        X