This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prismiq Codes

Does anyone have the IR codes for the Prismiq system? They have a device that plays MP3's, displays pictures and more on any home theater / TV. The Web site is here.

GenevaDude

I looked at the usual libraries Remote Central etc. and haven't seen any files posted. If you have the gear, learn the commands and send me the ccf file and I can probably generate or tell you how to generate all the possible commands.

The link you posted does say it has an IR remote control, so unless it is really unusual the Pronto can learn it -- assuming that you still have a Pronto

-Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I still have the Pronto. But I have not tried teaching it in a while, so help me remember. If I understand the process, I would teach the Pronto the codes, then save the results, right? The results would be the file you are interested in.

What I don't recall is the part in the middle. When my Pronto is connected to the PC, is this the way to get the codes from the device?

By the way, I also have an IR keyboard with the unit. I almost wonder if the keyboard is standard as well. For many of the functions, the remote and the keyboard do the same thing. I'll also get some of the keyboard codes. Do you have the ability to compare them to other IR keyboards?

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Geneva,

I don't actually have a Pronto but I do know their coding scheme very well. So here are the few things that I have picked up.

I think learning with the PC connected is unreliable in some or all models. Also I believe the learning IR port is on the opposite end of the Pronto from the transmit in some or all models.

I do want the saved file that will have a suffix of ccf (component confiuration file)

I just decoded an Airboard and a WebSurfer so if you learn the numerals 0 through 9 that should do. Also try short button presses with keyboards since they seem to have both up and down commands. If you just hold the key down you may only get half of the commands.

There is a good Pronto FAQ here: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...nuals/pfaq.pdf

-Jon

Comment

Jon,

Here is the file. I didn't have too much trouble learning the codes, after I remembered the sensor was on the bottom of the Pronto.

GenevaDude
          Attached Files

Comment

Jon,

Ignore the file. I need to retrain the codes because you were right, there is a down and up sequence. I also screwed up my regular config, so I'm going to have to do some rebuilding.

GenevaDude

Comment

Jon,

Prismiq has posted a ccf file here. I am going to download this tonite, as it seems to be what I need anyway.
              If you are willing, it would be nice to know if it is the same or similar to other keyboard - styled remotes.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

I took a quick look, and it appears similar to other keyboards but with some differences.

Keyboards apppear to use a more complex command structure, but in reality each key has an up and down command. Every command has two bytes the second is $F8 XOR byte1. Each byte has one start bit and two stop bits. IUC, it also is very close to RS232 running at 1200 baud that is modulating the IR carrier at 38Khz.

Now to test GenIRDB to make sure it can handle the unique nature of this IR protocol.

-Jon

Comment

Jon,

I hope you are successful, because the codes I have are erratic. The CCF file seems to be for a newer model Pronto, and I have an older Marantz RC2000i. When I try to incorporate the codes it seems to cause strange things to happen. I have no problem doing a cut and paste if I have to to get this working.

As usual, your the man!

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Geneva,

Try downloading Pronto Edit v4.x. Open the ccf file and then export as a TU-1000, save it and then open that one and load into the Pronto.

We will have to use Jay Hogg's IRTools because GenIRDB apparently didn't anticipate the rather unorthodox IR protocol. There is a hex generator, MakeHex.exe that can generate the Pronto hex or you can just use the ccf file that you have, if those commands are reliable. I am guessing that the numeral Zero command doesn't /wont work. I'll be glad to help with this process.

I just decoded the numerals so far to figure out the protocol, it is not hard but sort of a quasi-automated process with an Excel spreadsheet.

The next step is to see if the ccf file once exported is reliable. If so try learning (it's 38 KHz the default IR frequency). If that works were done if not, we do a bunch more gyrations.

Also have you tried learning from the OEM remote?

-Jon

Comment

Jon,

I did try learning from the remote directly, and by using a key-on key-off sequence. I did this multiple times, and this seems to be part of the problem.
                      Every time I tried learning, it would come out different. Sometimes it is a long set of codes, sometimes shorter. But they don't always "look the same".

Do you know if all the codes contain the "same number of bits"?

regards

GenevaDude

Comment

Geneva,

Do any of the learned commands work?

The Prismiq IR protocol is very similar to the Airboard. It is very close to a wired serial communications protocol. All commands have one start bit, eight data bits and two stop bits. There is a check byte after every data byte that is the previous 8-bits XOR'd with $F8. The signals are inverted, so a Zero is a start bit.

Usually in remote controls a One and a Zero both have an On and Off time. (In the NEC family of protocols a Zero = 564 uS On and 564 uS Off. The One = 564 uS On and 1692 uS Off). For Prismiq a Zero is ~840 uS On and a One is ~840 uS Off.

So the time between key presses looks like a bunch of Ones or the end of a transmission and the learning device times out and quits learning. So to learn these commands reliably it is just a very quick keystroke -- just a tap. Otherwise you run out of space or it only learns a piece. So from a visual standpoint the commands look very irregular, they just have variable timings between these pairs (command + check byte)

The typical command would be some thing like M-down, M-up, and probably an all button clear command I think it is $6C for Prismiq. It rarely takes anything but the button down command to execute a command.

So give the learning another shot because generation will not be easy and may not be more reliable than learning. BTW, I just ordered one too.

-Jon

Comment

Working...
                        X