This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot SECU-16I pollable ?

Before I start running wire in a sweltering attic, I though I might ask. I wish to add another magnetic sensor to my garage door at the top. But I'd also like to be able to poll the existing bottom magnetic switch to determine if the door is in motion or at a status in between. Using the Ocelot SECU-16I is this possible? Also can I check mark, "Device Supports Status Response" in the device properties?

Brent Kacian www.bkacian.com
    phillips_brent@hotmail.com
    Homeseer - Ocelot
    &hs.please "sign" @the, guestbook,true

Brent,

I do just that. I have a magnetic contact for the door being closed and one for it being open. Then I have some logic in my Ocelot (this is CMAX code) to be able to determine things regarding the door status:

* Open - door is FULLY open
    * Closed - door is FULLY closing
    * Opening - door was last fully closed, but is neither closed or opened fully
    * Closing - door was last fully opened, but is neither closed or opened fully
    * Stopped - door was moving for over 15 seconds (ie: either Opening or Closing), thus if it never went to fully open or fully closed, I assume something must have stopped it.

In addition, rather than using two SECU16 inputs (1 for each magnetic contact), I actually use the same input with resistors at each contact. On other of the sensors I have a 1k resistor across its terminals. At the other I have a 470 ohm resistor. Then I have the standard 1k end of line resistor.

This way I can (through the use of the analog value of the input) tell if the door is open, closed, as well as if there are any wiring faults (short circuit or open circuit). Works very well.

If you email me, I'd be happy to send my CMAX code for this...

You could do the same basic thing in HomeSeer, though because of the polling interval to get analog values, if you use HS to control everything, I'd suggest using two inputs - HS can't get the analog status back from the SECU16 fast enough, but can get an ON/OFF back quicker.

For me, I use HomeSeer to display garage door status (and take action on it) as well as to initiate the door opening or closing, but the Ocelot code itself handles all the details of doing it as well as keeping up with the status...

Comment

Brian -
      Thanks for the prompt reply. Your concept sounds great. Where is your email address listed?

Comment

Working...
      X