This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot download support

Will Seer allow me to download scripts to Ocelot or do I need to use C-max?

If not, what is the added advantage to Homeseer?

ekaminer

HomeSeer can't download programs to C-Max.

The advantage of HomeSeer is the 99% of the things it can do that C-Max can't.

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

I just bought my Ocelot, and want to use it as my off-line controller, i.e. without PC.
      Next step is going to be, to enhance remote cam & security and automation system with on-line control.
      This leads me to try and understand what Homeseer can't that Ocelot takes care of.
      I understood that Homeseer makes the HAL controllable via the Internet, and that there is a module which takes care of dialling and e-mailing, and to respond to e-mails.

Talking 30.000 feet, what other major functionality is there in Homeseer, is the remote multiple camera control with live video streaming a possibility through Homeseer?

thanks for helping me in the saddle

Comment

Homeseer has a Hauppauge plug in for that type of video graphics card, which you could use with your camera.

There are also other options you may want to explore for video streaming such as WebCamXP, iVista, Vision GS. They could also be incorporated into your Homeseer Web Page. There are lots of threads in these forums here on that subject.

As far as the Ocelot, it could control when your cameras are on when incorporated with some motion sensors. You will have to write the CMax code for that. Also look on Applied Digital's web site for product info and their user forums:
        http://www.appdig.com/adicon_new/index.htm

As far as your 30,000 feet is this the distance you have to run your cameras?

--------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Brave, with the 30.000ft I meant "a high level overview". The camera's will have to be monitoring 30ft each, and depending on what I learn on Cameras I may be buying some cheaper wired IR cam's, or stick with the MOD of an expensive IR cam connected to an XCAM2 as a cheap 2.4GHz emitter.

I am now pretty familiar with cMax so the switching and VCR control for recording activity won't be a problem. There will be a decision table behind the alarm settings, and several alarm-Vigilance modes with pre-alarm warning.

Is Homeseer able to send SMS messages, or does that require a special subscription with an ASP or so?

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X