This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot X10 status monitoring...revisited

I have read several posts about HS not "seeing" X10 commands sent by the Ocelot. But I'm still a little corn-fused...

1. In CMAX, you can "monitor X10". So somehow, somewhere the Ocelot does keep up with X10 states. Why can we not monitor those states via HS?

2. As an alternative, how are people working around this? I started down the path of having my CMAX code set variable states when it sends X10 (if it sends A1=on, set variable1=1) so I can read the variables in HS. Seems very cumbersome and redundant. Any better workarounds?

Thanks.

A couple of things...

First, use Homeseer for nearly all of your X10 commands. It may already be obvious to you, but the flexibility and ease is a couple of orders of magnitude higher than CMAX. Having said that, I do use CMAX for a couple of things, mainly where I want very fast response and not much complexity in the logic.

There are two ways that I've had Homeseer track what X10 commands CMAX sends out. First, you can do what you suggested and set a variable. That works fine, and you can monitor / trigger on the variables.

The second way may sound kinda strange. For some time, the Ocelot Plug-in didn't work quite right on some sending of X10 commands (I can't remember the specifics). I had hte Ocelot mainly for IR and just a few X10 CMAX routines. I then had a CM11A for my main Homeseer X10 interface. So, any X10 commands that were sent out via the Ocelot were picked up on the powerline by the CM11A, so Homeseer saw it. I quit using this once the Ocelot plug-in was working right (and I was able to thankfully dump the CM11A).

I don't know of any other way for Homeseer to "see" the X10 commands sent out via CMAX.

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X