Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP !!!! Homeseer Not Recognizing SECU16 Inputs, etc.?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP !!!! Homeseer Not Recognizing SECU16 Inputs, etc.?

I have verified that the SECU16 is working properly with CMAX Software and Homeseer has recognized and listed all variables and inputs, etc. The status does not change when the inputs change states, and everything in the device screen related to the Ocelot/SECU16 related to status shows "unknown". Not sure how to resolve this issue cleanly. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Rick,

Just because the devices exist does not mean that the Ocelot plug-in is attached to them if something happened on your system recently. Go to view... options... interfaces... select the Ocelot from the I/O list, then click setup. There is a button there to delete all devices for all units. I hope that you do not have a lot of automation already set up for the Ocelot as I am pretty sure this might break the connection between triggers and such, but I am going to suggest that you click the button. After clicking it, go through your devices and make sure that none still exist for the Ocelot. Then shut down and restart HomeSeer. Go back to this page and press the button to create the devices.

If another script/plug-in/whatever used the same HC as the Ocelot, then that can explain why the devices are not operating correctly. By deleting the devices and re-creating them, the plug-in should detect other devices using the same HC and will skip that HC when creating the new devices, which may resolve the problem.

Did you create any devices recently using the same HC as the Ocelot?

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick T.
      You mentioned if other scripts/plugins had the same HC as the Ocelot, and I'm not sure what you mean by this. Also, I just have Homeseer/Homeseer Phone and the Ocelot on the system. I also have an RCS TR15 Thermostat that is connected to a separate serial port and it is working fine. I'm curious as to what you are referring to as HC?
      Also, I am planning to download the lattest version of Homeseer, so that WAPSeer 2.0 will be more compatible with the system. Should I do the Homeseer Download and other plug-ins first, before I install the Ocelot and SECU16 I/O? I also purchased the DooMotion and Media Player 9 plug-ins. Should I load these first also? Is there anything I need to be aware of in updating Homeseer and installing the new plug-ins? I plan on getting the WAPSeer Plug-in, so should I do this at the same time? Your help is much appreciated and looking forward to hearing from you regarding these issues. Thanks Again !!!!!

Comment

HC = HouseCode.

My ocelot uses [1 [2 [3 [4 for variables
        and my secu 16 uses _1 _2 _3 _4 for inputs and outputs

From the plugin you should be able to delete all existing devices
        associated with the ocelot plug-in and then recreate them.

I beleive that was what rick Tinker was trying to say.

StevenE
        Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

I need to update to the lattest version of Homeseer and download several plugins. I am assuming that I should do this before I do anything. Is this correct? Also, what is the process for updating Homeseer and adding plugins?
          Are there any sticky points that I should be aware of? Thanks for all of your help !!!!!!

Comment

Rick,

As a general rule of thumb for software, you should never change too much at once or if something goes wrong, you will have no idea what caused it.

I suggest updating HS/HSP and the Ocelot plug-in (there have been updates to that as well). If you are not using the system variables with your Ocelot in HomeSeer, then delete those (devices) as they are not required for use with the Ocelot.

Once that is done and you have been up and running for a day or perhaps even longer, then you can start adding other updates. If the software is totally new, allow extra time to make sure it is not adversely affecting the system. I think you will find most 3rd party plug-ins work well with HomeSeer, but if there is a problem you can often remove the plug-in from the interfaces screen in HomeSeer to see if that is the cause of the problem. When you are updating software you have already been using, then it is generally not as critical that you wait as long before making other changes.

Before updating HomeSeer and HomeSeer Phone, and especially if you are way back on the production 1.6 release, then read the release notes carefully and look for changes that may affect how you do things so you will know what to keep an eye on. I do not believe that there is anything though that requires manual intervention on your part in the update from 1.6 to whatever the latest BETA version is.

Keep us posted as to how it all goes!

Regards,

Rick Tinker
            HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Well, I have updated Homeseer/Homeseer Phone and the Ocelot Plugin as you suggested. Of course this destroyed all of my devices/events, but I didn't have but a few test ones anyway. I still have my main control system running on another computer with ECS Software. Has been running for almost a year now without any intervention from me. I am a ways away from turning things over to Homeseer after this evening!!!!!! I recreated devices for both the Ocelot and SECU16 and they were present in the Homeseer main device window.
              The variables seemed to show in the status section, but the inputs did not. They still show unknown. Cant get the inputs or the relays to work properly. Seems that when I activate and deactivate inputs, the status should change in the Homeseer device status window, ie. light bulb on or light bulb off. Is this correct? I created a simple manual event to turn relay 0 on and another event to turn it off. Neither of these worked. I am not a happy camper with the ocelot plugin right now. I have all of this loaded on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, and was wondering if this might be a problem. I don't know what else to try. Would appreciate any help I can get in resolving this problem. There are no other devices or events in my configuration right now. Just the SECU16 inputs and Relay Outputs. By the way, the inputs and relays all work when I tested them with the CMAX Software. It is a Homeseer problem as far as I can tell. Thanks in advance for your help !!!!!

Comment

did you ever get this sorted out? i am haveing a simalar issue.

detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting
                detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

i found an update and installed it and it fixed the issue

Comment

Working...
                  X