This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irzones.cfg Error?

I strongly suspect this question has been addressed here before, but my search failed to find the answer.

When I load HS is get the error message:
    9/29/2003 5:16:13 PM~!~Startup~!~IR Zone file (config\irzones.cfg) missing or corrupt, creating new file

I recently installed the Ocelot plug-in and was getting a similar error for the irlbl.cfg file. Once I created that file it went away. However, I can't find anything on the irzones.cfg file. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Any body else getting this error?

Comment

I get these two file errors all the time, but I don't use the internal HS IR capabilities, so that is expected. If you don't use the HS IR capabilities and they aren't configured, you will get these errors and can ignore them.

- Gordon

"Security is EVERYONE'S business!"
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

If you don't use the HS IR capabilities and they aren't configured...

Thats just it. I recently installed an Ocelot and configured it for IR use. It seems to be working fine even though, as far as I know, the irzones.cfg file is not setup. Strange. Maybe this file is a hold-over from days gone by and isn't used/needed anymore. It doesn't look like anybody knows what its for. I may have missed it, but I sure can't find anything out in the documentation or from searches on the forum.

Thanks for your feedback Gordon. I was beginning to think I was the only one visiting this category.

Comment

The irzones.cfg file is for use with the Secu16IR. It allows you to assign each of the devices in the IR Config to a particular zone.

When you have a Secu16IR installed you get a dropdown on the IR config screen to allow setting the default zone for the IR devices.

Jeff Farmer
          HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Well I have a Secu16IR and it is being recognized by HS, in both the Options/Interface/Setup tab as well as when HS starts up (it shows in the log). However, when I go to the I/R Options I see individual zone drop-downs associated with each of my irlbl.cfg file devices. I don't see any thing that seems to be related to the irzones.cfg file. Since (at this time) my irlbl.cfg devices actually span 3 different zones, the individual drop-downs relating one zone to one specific irlbl.cfg device doesn't seem to help me much. I have assumed I will need to (continue to) write code that specifies the zone and device for each IR command. What am I missing here?

Comment

You are correct. Each irlbl.cfg file device has a dropdown to select from the zones. The irzones.cfg file stores the choices you make in those dropdowns.

If you look at the irzones.cfg file it is a bunch of numbers on seperate rows. Each row corresponds to a device from the irlbl.cfg file.
              So Device 1 in the irlbl.cfg file is defaulted to row 1 of the irzones.cfg file. Device 2 - irlbl.cf row 2 irzones.cfg. etc.

Jeff Farmer
              HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

The irzones.cfg file stores the choices you make in those dropdowns.

So.. since it serves no purpose for me to associate zones to irlbl.cfg devices, I never did change any of the IR Config zones. Just left them the default (=1). Therefore, (I guess) it never generated a permanent irzones.cfg file. When I search (the entire disk) no irzones file is found.

In any case, for my usage I guess its safe not to worry about that file not being found each time HS starts. That's the main thing I wanted to know. Thanks much Jeff.

Comment

Working...
                X