X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i make my own termostat?

Hello,

I am new around here. And after a lot of reading on this forum i came up with some ideas. I was wondering if anyone can put me on the wright track?
    I started about a year ago with a CM11A and some modules. But because this stuff is very expensive here in the Netherlands it’s not growing very fast. Just a week ago I got my Ocelot together with a Secu-16.
    Now my plans are making a alarm system and because our thermostat got broke yesterday, I was wondering if I can use the Ocelot to control my heating system? Can I use a temperature bobcat for that? Or is it not that simple? I saw a thermostat from RCS, but I find it very expensive if you know you can buy a normal thermostat for about $20.

For the alarm system I found the design from Guy Lavoie. To Guy: Do you have some sort of manual of what this system can do? And do you maybe also have some kind of design for a thermostat?

The main feature is that it can read the temperature (maybe on more places) and report this to the Ocelot (and probably Homeseer) and depending on the temperature turn on the heater or the fans. I guess there must be some kind of delay so that the heater will not turn on and off constantly on a slight change of temperature.

I hope anyone can get me started.

Thanks for now

Wilco Pekkeriet

You can use a Bobcat/Temp to read the temperature. You can use the relays on the SECU16 to turn of the heat, A/C and Fans, but they really don't rating to switch them on directly, You would have to connect a external relay to turn on your system.

Kevin Barrett
    ADI Tech Support

Comment

just use a Temp Bobcat and some of the Secu16 relays to switch the same wires the thermostat used to control the fan and heat (as long as, like here in the U.S., they are low voltage) . . .

. . . and as you suggest, code a timer (in the ocelot), to keep the system from short-cycling . . .

Pete C

Comment

Working...
      X