X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with descreet ir

HELP !

I have the ocelot and an secu16ir

I have a misubishi tv but the input select button on the remote is just a toggle one, it steps from one input to another. I need to find the descrete conrol codes but mor eimportantly I need to know who i get these decret remote codes into a form that i can put into the ocelott and how I do that.

can anyone give me detailed instructions?

thanks

zac

detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

The discretes seem to be here:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...television&fc=

There are also codes for an RP Mitsubishi TV whatever that is.

Once you have the codes you can get them into the Ocelot with Ir_Max which you can get here:

http://www.appdig.com/IR_Editor_1.0/IR_Max.exe

and the manual here:

http://www.appdig.com/IR_Editor_1.0/IR_Max_Manual.doc

Any more information would probably duplicate the manual.

Let us know if this works!

GLT

Comment

Does the Ocelot use Philips Pronto's hex format?

-Rupp
      Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The Ocelot's "native" IR format is not the same as Pronto hex, but IRMAx does the conversion for you.

The new IR MAX program lets you paste pronto hex into Ocelot .lir files. Then all you have to do is load the lir file into the Ocelot with CMAX. It doesn't require you to have an actual pronto. You can download the hex from remote central, like glt said.

What's cool too, is that you have a non-pronto learning remote, you can still use pronto hex by pasting it into IRMAX, saving it to lir, loading the lir to the ocelot and then learning the ir from the ocelot to your remote, a lot of work, but worth it for a discrete.

John | My HomeSeer | HomeSeer Webring | See My Profile for system configuration
        John
        Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
        Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
        HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
        Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I know if your lucky you can download them but where do they "originate" from?

-Rupp
          Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

John - cool idea. Never thought of learning FROM the ocelot. I'm sure some applications will come to mind later.

Rupp - I think from hard work and trial and error. For example Jon Armstrong took a look at some sample learned IR commands from my Maytag A/C remote and generated a file with all POSSIBLE codes to try and see if they are discrete On/off commands. I think he used GenIRDB.

Of course, if you are lucky, you can just copy and paste from remote central.

GLT

Comment

Working...
            X