This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xantech to Ocelot Hook Up

I need help hooking up my Ocelot to my existing Xantech IR distribution - I recently purchased an Ocelot in order to add IR capabilities to my Homeseer installation. I already have two AV cabinets served by two separate 4 way Xantech 789-44 connecting blocks and I wanted to hook up the Ocelot so that it could receive IR from either of these areas and so that it could send IR back to both of these areas.

Before hooking everything up I trawled this forum and found another thread where PaulH recommended that an IR LINC from Smarthome was required to connect an Ocelot to the Xantech equipment. OK, I'm happy to get one or more of these, but I'm not clear on how everything should be wired:

Each of the Xantechs has a connecting block and 4 emitters. If I wire the two Xantech connecting blocks together and then add the Ocelot IR IN in series (using the IR LINC) where do I route the Ocelot's IR Out? Can the IN and OUT and connecting blocks all be wired together? If so, do I need two IR LINCs?

I'm sure this is really simple, but its currently beyond me so any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Nic
Working...
X