This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie connection question

I have an Ocelot and Secu16 and the powerline connector for the Ocelot to do x10.

When I connect these two and set them up in the settings for HS. Will I be able to learn ir codes to be sent through the secu16 for the tv and stuff? I see the setting for Ocelot in the ir setup, but how does it know the codes go to the secu to be sent to the ir equipment?

I'm no Ocelot expert but I think there is a bit of confusion here. The SECU16 is a relay module that detects open or closed circuits. It has nothing to do with IR sending and receiving. The Ocelot can learn you ir codes. Once learned, the Ocelot can then send codes out via the IR out mini jack. Now the way you "distribute" this Ir is up to you. I bought powermids from www.worthdist.com and placed one by the ocelot and the other in my TV room. This way the ocelot can generate a signal and send it down stairs to control my devices. You either need something like the powermids or something like an IR-100 Connecting Block or SECU16IR and IR-E1 Emitters. Let us know if you have any other questions.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I guess I get what you are saying. See I was using HAL. After a mojor crash I found Homeseer and Jumped in. In fact I put in the order today. $700 worth of stuff.

Anyways with HAL using the Ocelot with a SECU16 for IR the setup asked if there was a secu and what port it should output to. I have not seen this in HS. So I gather it just sends to all. This is fine and works perfect but I thought I would try for answers before I started and need help right away.

Comment

jester, if you actually have a SECU16IR, then HomeSeer can do zoned IR.

Look here http://www.appdig.com/adicon_new/expansion.htm for the different units that work with the Ocelot.

In the HomeSeer GUI, click View, IR Config ...
        Where you entered the device names, you will have a dropdown to select the zone that you want each device to default to.
        One thing to keep in mind, the SECU16IR is 0 based while HS is 1 based.
        So Zone 0 on the SECU16IR is Zone 1 in the HomeSeer dropdown.

Jeff Farmer
        HomeSeer user since March, 2000

Wiring Wall
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

There's where the confusion crept in. Those 2 little letters after the Secu16(IR) were left off that original post. Sorry to give you that scare. As Jeff said you should be set to go.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry about that. Yes it is the IR. Thnks much

Comment

Working...
            X