This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi jrfuda
    Right now for dpdt relays, I'm just using anything that is low power and small as long as it is 12volts. I just migrated Homeseer to a faster pc, but it does not turn back on after a power failure. So I built the "beautiful reboot" in the september issue of "Home Automation" This works very well. If the power goes out, when it comes back on the unit waits 5 seconds then pulses a relay which is jumped across the pushbutton power button of the pc.(atx model with no ac power recover).
    Stuart

Comment

I have one relay on the reset of one PC. The other PC is an old, old Compaq so no reset. Had to run a higher amp rating relay across the power switch itself effectively turning the PC off and on.

Also, remember to put in a switch so you can defeat the reboot while testing. Otherwise, you will get reboots when you least expect it. I used the switch panel out an old PC so I have a panel with a locking switch, 2 leds, and a momentary to test the reboots.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
      The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

Does anyone know how to get the value of a timer into an Ocelot variable?

I just want to be able to monitor my countdown timers in HomeSeer.

I think I am going to use a Universal Module (ton the reset button) that way it self resets it's output and I can do it via a PalmPad. Maybe one for the W2C, just in case that little gem would ever fail...

Second thought, appliance module too and take it all down...

Thanks In Advance,
        Bill

HS 1.6.175 HSP 1.0.73
        Pentium 4 2.6 GHz w/ HT
        512 MB Dual Write RAM
        3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
        Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
        ATTNV Crystal 16
        Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
        mcs Temperature (Works great!)
        HS Webcam (Works great!)

[This message was edited by William Brower on Sun, 18 January 2004 at 08:47 PM.]

~Bill

Comment

Bill,
          This should do the trick
          <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
          0001 - IF Timer #0 is NOT = 0
          0002 - THEN Load Data to: Variable #0
          0003 - ELSE Load Data to: Variable #0
          </pre>

jim

Comment

I see how that command works.

You caught me right before my final Ocelot load for the night, THANKS!!!

HS 1.6.175 HSP 1.0.73
            Pentium 4 2.6 GHz w/ HT
            512 MB Dual Write RAM
            3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
            Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
            ATTNV Crystal 16
            Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
            mcs Temperature (Works great!)
            HS Webcam (Works great!)

~Bill

Comment

Here's how I did it:
              I used 3 timers and connected a cable from the PCs' RESET switch to one of the relays in my secu-16.
              I also provided for ADIOcelot to stop the Watchdog when HomeSeer stops or when I use CMAX (see the ADIocelot plugin manual for details).

If the watchdog is enabled (V# 30=1), a 20 minute delay is started (Timer #30). At the end of the delay a variable is set(V #31=1). HomeSeer monitors this variable and when it changes it then changes it to a different value (V#31=9).
              The watchdog waits 3 minutes (Timer #31) for the correct change.
              If after 23 minutes no change is detected the PC is reset (SECU-16 relay 12 & Timer #32 (5 second reset)).
              Then everything is reset.
              Varable # 34 is set so HomeSeer will enter a reset message into the Event Log.
              Varable # 35 is incremented to track the number of resets.

[This message was edited by PaulH on Mon, 19 January 2004 at 09:05 AM.]

[This message was edited by PaulH on Mon, 19 January 2004 at 09:06 AM.]
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X