Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer ignoring Ocelot Vars - Desperate - Pls Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer ignoring Ocelot Vars - Desperate - Pls Help!

I just updated to homeseer 1.6.177 and C-Max / Ocelot Firmware to 2.00e. I am useing hpsi_ocelot.exe ver 1.0.0.32.

All of a sudden, My 127 Ocelot variables are useles. Homeseer shows them, but will not update them using the script command cpuxa.setvar x,num. At least, the Homesser display of that var dosen't update, but it appears that the variable on the ocelot itself does changes.

What have I done? I have several scripts that need these variables to work properly.

Thanks,
    Josh

---------
    -Josh

Just to clarify,

All of my scripts that use the getvar and setvar commands appear to be working correctly.

What is borken is the Device display of the ocelot variables 1...127. They are in device list, but the "status" and "last changed" fields do not update as they used to.

---------
    -Josh

Comment

I did not notice any problems with the upgrade to CMAX 2 and it was with an earlier HS version. Another option you have available is the ADIOcelot plugin. I'm using it with HS Version 174 and variables do behave as desired. I would be surprised if nobody else is using your configuration and I have not noticed any other problems reported that you are seeing.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I would be surprised if nobody else is using your configuration <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is that? Are most folks using the ADIOcelot Plugin? Does it have advantages?
        TIA!

---------
        -Josh

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael McSharry:
          I did not notice any problems with the upgrade to CMAX 2 and it was with an earlier HS version. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you recommend that I delete all of the Ocelot devices and recreate them?

---------
          -Josh

Comment

I performed a "reset device status", which seems to have reset everything to "unknown".

Now, the first time a variable changes, the status is updated. Subsequent updates are not posted.

Is this a bug in 1.6.177?

---------
            -Josh

Comment

Maybe this will shed some light....

If I use hs.setdevicebyname or hs.devicevaluebyname instead of cpuxa.setvar or cpuxa.getvar everyhting works fine.

So I am back to working, just had to re-write all of my previously working vbscripts.

---------
              -Josh

Comment

Go to the updater and install 155 it will fix your var update problem.

An issue with the Z-Wave functions with 177 has caused an update issue with the ADI and OCELOT plugin as well as other things such as any device that changes fast.

Fast, Secure, Reliable, Profitable, Satisfaction.

Comment

You will find ADIOcelot to be more user-friendly and consume less CPU resources, but otherwise they should behave the same way. Both plugins handle variables the same way. There are some differences in IO points, but ADIOcelot is backward compatible with the standard version.

As you have already done, I would use the hs object rather than the cpuxa object when addressing the ocelot. The cpuxa is more of a legacy and does not follow the same general plugin interface characertics of the current vintage plugins.

Comment

Thanks everyone that replied for your input!

---------
                    -Josh

Comment

Please fill us in. Did someone's suggestion fix the problem? I already have build 177 of HS running, but with an older version of CMAX (not sure that would matter). I know that some of my not-often-used scripts that used the cpuxa object quit working completely. What did you do to fix the problem? Did you just quit using cpuxa like Michael said? Did you fall back to an earlier build of HS?

Steve

Comment

I had ver 177 and problems, after installing 155 everything was ok again.

Peter

http://www.pvanderhorst.nl
                        Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Working...
                        X