This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For newer newbies:

I thought I would do a very basic "How to get started with I/R, HS, and Ocelot" while I still remember:

All you REALLY need to do to use I/R with HS and the Ocelot is:

1. Get the ADIOcelot plugin from the HS updater.

2. Install the ADIOcelot plugin. From HS: View/Options/Interfaces/Infrared Interface then select ADIOcelot.

3. From the same screen go down to "RF, I/O, Security, Custom Interface" and "Select device to add" then select ADIOcelot.

4. Restart HS.

5. From HS, go to View/Ir Config. Type in a device name in "1" - say "TV".

6. From "Labels" on the same screen, now select "TV". A new screen will open.

7. In the first box type something, say "Channel_up".

8. Click the "L" next to Channel_up - an info box will pop up. (It may "hide" in the windows task bar.)

9. After clicking OK on the info box point your remote at the Ocelot I/R in port and press the Channel_up button on your remote.

10. Press the "T" button next to the "L" button. Your device should now respond. Press OK.

11. Now that I/R command will be available to use with normal HS events and can also be used with a Voice Command.

The above is supposed to be VERY simple and does not deal with saving lir files, reserving intial spaces for I/R receive commands, discrete commands or much of anything else. It assumes that the Ocelot is already sucessfully connected to the computer with the serial cable, and that an I/R emitter is attached to the Ocelot that can be seen by the controlled equipment.

Please note I am still very new to this and would appreciate any corrections / improvements. Hopefully they would make this even shorter.

The intent here is to have HS send IR commands within 15 minutes after connecting the ocelot to the computer.

GLT

This was a very nice thing to do and I wish we all took the time to do more of this documentation thing. I also wish HST would host on there site a grouping of these types of write-ups.

-Rupp
    Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank You glt,
      Your input is now in the ADIOcelot manual so others will be able to more easily benefit in the future.

Comment

Where can I get a coppy of the manual ?

Comment

The latest post is at Latest ADIOcelot. It does not have this paragraph added. I'll will be putting it up on the updater very soon, but want to wait to make certain there are no surprises.

Comment

Since we are all newbies here. I thought this was the appropriate thread to post this question.

Is there a way from within HomeSeer to setup the ocelot to constantly listen for IR in order to track the status of some of my equipment.

If so, can you point me in the right direction.
            Thanks

Comment

The lower locations of the Ocelot's IR space is searched by the ocelot for matches with incomming IR signals. The default is about location 1 through 80. When a match is found the it will send a message to homeseer via the serial port. If you have an event defined for a specific IR command recognized (Event menu, Trigger Tab, Type=By IR Received) then you be informed of the IR change. You will need to then remember that change in a virtual device, database, file or whatever you use to keep track of all of your equipment.

In my case I have the event recognition and managment of the state of all of my equipment using the CMAX code within the ocelot. I then use the variables that are shared between homeseer and ocelot to know the state of each piece of equipment.

For this second approach to work you will need to use the ADIOcelot plugin and disable IR recognition delivered to homeseer via the plugin setup. The ocelot can let CMAX do it or deliver the result over the serial link, but cannot do both.

The important takeoffs from this is that you will want to reserve your lower IR locations for IR signals that are sourced by your remotes and for which you want state management to be performed by the ocelot or homeseer.

The second is that you should be able to do what you want.

The classic IR problem that you need to deal with are the toggle codes from the remote. For example, one power button, but two states ON or OFF. You need to know the prior state before you know what the new state will be.

Comment

Working...
              X