This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange behavior with Ocelot, HS 1.6.155 and ADIOcelot

Ocelot running 2.00d on COM3 using a Lantronix EPS1 device server and running Lantronix Redirector
    HS at 1.6.155
    ADIOcelot at 1.5.2

I have most of my house lights and appliances and palmpads on house code A, and the motion sensors on H. I have transceivers for house codes A and H. The Ocelot is programmed to turn on lights on A when it sees activity on the sensor. I have set auto-X10 on at the Ocelot.

What I see is that HS updates the state of the sensors (on house code H) but does not update the state of the lights and appliances. The logs only show X10 recv on house code H, nothing on house code A.

When I use the HS web page or the app to turn on and off the light, it is updated in HS.

I am a novice HS user. I bought it last night after using the 30day trial. I had been developing an interface between Misterhouse and the Ocelot. When I run Misterhouse I do see the Auto-X10 items for both house code H and A.

Am I missing something in my configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Sal

Unplugged the PCS05 and plugged it back in and ran CMAX sure enough A codes were received. Ran HS and it works also. Maybe the PCS05 is plugged into an area where the X10 signals are weak. I will have to experiment further.

Sal

Comment

What you're seeing is as it works. HS does not act on or acknowledge X10 sent by the Ocelot as a result of Cmax programming. Refer to this thread for more.

The way I and several other people get around this is to use a cm11a as the x10 interface for homeseer. That way the cm11a receives the x10 sent by the ocelot and HS updates the status accordingly.

jim

Comment

It ironic too! I switched from Misterhouse to HomeSeer to get the "better" functionality of Ocelot integration with HS. Misterhouse with Windows requires cygwin and a daemon program cpuxad running. I myself tried to write a cpuxa interface for Misterhouse and got it to work using BOTH the tx and rx messages (Auto-X10 notification) from the Ocelot. In this way I could keep Misterhouse statuses and buttons accurate. Now I guess I have to use up another serial port for the CM11A.

I hope that the ADIOcelot plug-in could provide an option for users who want to turn on Auto-X10 notification on the Ocelot.

Sal

Comment

Mr Ocelot,
          It is up to you to see if this works or causes problems. I do not run the X10 interface with the ocelot so checkout would require some effort for me.

The plugin will not treat a Tx from the ocelot just like and Rx. No attempt made to be smart and discard Tx's that were started by HS.

Comment

Michael,
            Thank you. I will download this version and try it and report. Could anyone who is experienced with HomeSeer and X10 give me a set of test cases?

Thanks,

sal

Comment

Michael,
              I installed 1.5.3 earlier today. So far it is working fine. I've noticed only one small item that really doesn't matter.

Whatever the ocelot sends on its own is seen and logged fine. When HS issues an x10 command, it seems that only one-half the commands transmitted by the Ocelot are seen and logged, i.e. HS issues E11 Eon, only the E On will appear in the log.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
              1/31/2004 11:04:29 PM~!~Event Trigger~!~Recurring Trigger (Ocelot test) E11 On (Basement Light)
              1/31/2004 11:04:29 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ E On
              1/31/2004 11:04:32 PM~!~X10 Received~!~B14 (Basement Dark Back) B Off
              1/31/2004 11:05:30 PM~!~Event Trigger~!~Delayed Trigger E11 Off (Basement Light)
              1/31/2004 11:05:30 PM~!~X10 Received~!~ E Off
              </pre>

The only suggestion would be to make it optional to have the plugin see the ocelot's transmissions. It's possible that that chagne could interfere with someone's setup.

jim

Comment

Jim,
                What do you mean by 'seen fine'?
                When the ocelot switches a light on, does the light also report on by homeseer?
                It does not do that by me.
                And I always saw the "half logging" of homeseer.
                Also befor version 1.5.3

Peter

http://www.pvanderhorst.nl
                Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Yes, using the latest ADIOcelet plugin, when the ocelot turns on a light the status is updated in Homeseer. Before it didn't since the plugin ignored reports of transmissions from the ocelot.

I've never noticed any thing with logging but then, until this weekend, I've used a CM11A as the HS x10 interface. I'll probably change back to the CM11A for x10 until I have a chance to run some wires out to the garage. The device I currently use to monitor the garge door uses x10 extended codes, which the ocelot can't see.

jim

Comment

Do I have to switch something on for it?
                    When the ocelot changes a lamp from 20% to 40%, the lamp reports still 20% in homeseer.

Peter

http://www.pvanderhorst.nl
                    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Peter,
                      I don't use dim or bright level as part of my normal setup (in fact most of my lights are defined in HS as appliance modules). I did change one light to a lamp module type. It seems that HS reconizes at least something to do with the dim but the levels don't appear correct and it also appears that subsequent dims/brights don't change the dim level.

Maybe it has to do with the way that the tw523/psc05 reports dims/brights- seems like I've read there's something funny with it.

To enable all I did was update to 1.5.3 and then set ADIOcelot as my x10 interface.
                      jim

Comment

Three values are retured from the ocelot for an X10 communication. I did not look back at reference specs, but they should be House, Device, Dim.

There are debug features to log comm's with the ocelot. This may show something if you care to get in that deep.

I'll be away for the week, but if no breakage appears then I'll add the option on setup and move it up for general use.

Comment

I enabled logging of comms. It appears that "what" is received isn't logged. I also don't see anything transmitted.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                          2/2/2004 8:08:39 PM MSCOMM
                          2/2/2004 8:08:39 PM ******************* Ocelot says x10 rec
                          2/2/2004 8:08:39 PM ******************* Ocelot says x10 rec
                          </pre>

by matching time stamps against HS's log the entries above correspond with x10 received by the ocelot. There wasn't any corresponding entry for transmissions by the ocelot as a result of Cmax or from HS commands.
                          jim

Comment

I added some additional info to the comm output which shows the data communicated. For X10 it is a pair of messages. The first contains the House and Unit. The second contains the action (2nd parm). I also split the Rx and Tx processing into separate sections just in case an Rx and Tx message pair is interleaved. Again this is still experimental and the expected result on a HS initiated ExecX10 to the ocelot will be a status recorded by HS followed by the same status reported by Ocelot and then recorded by HS. No option yet exists to enable/disable this feature.

This was compiled on a different computer so the binary image was not available. It should only mean that the initial startup of the plugin may take longer than normal.

[This message was edited by Michael McSharry on Fri, 06 February 2004 at 05:28 PM.]
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X