This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events based on Ocelot variables not triggering

I am using HS 1.6.150 and the ADIOcelot plugin. I created a variable on the Ocelot and attached an event to it. The event speaks some text when the variable changes to "On". A timer on the Ocelot sets the variable to 1 every 15 minutes, and then 90 seconds after the variable is set to 1 the Ocelot resets it. I use this to announce the weather on my Audrey units.

What I see is that HS is reflecting the change in variable state at the times I expect, however the event is never triggered when the variable changes from 0 to 1. However if I select the variable and change it from 0 to 1 in HS then the event is triggered.

I used to be running 1.6.186 and it did not work. I have tried this with 1.6.150 using ADIOcelot and the HomeSeer Ocelot plugin and get the same results.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Sal

Look for a change in value. not a change to on as the value goes from 0 to 1 etc then use a triger in the event that checks the value.

Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

-----------------------
    "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

Comment

This is what you do

Device value change

Select the device

Equal to -----> 1

That should do it

------------------------------------------------------------

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
      - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

-----------------------
      "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
      - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

Comment

Andrew,
        Thanks! When I made the changes you suggested, the variable updates started to trigger the events.

Sal

Comment

Working...
        X