This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP HS Won't Start

First, let me apologize because what follows is from memory (my memory).

10 minutes ago, my HS was operating just fine, using x10 via the usb port (com 1 on HS options tab).
    Running XP PRo.

I just installed my ocelot. Here are the steps and results:

1 Powered down
    2 hooked up ocelot to power and serial port (com3)
    3 restarted computer and HS
    4 selected ocelot from the options pannel, com3
    5 rebooted and restarted HS
    6 saw ocelot recognized on com3 in the log.
    7 went to updater and installed ADOcelot
    8 rebooted and restarted
    9 looked in logs and realized that ocelot was recognized and was set up for x10 (don't remember exact wording).
    10 sent x10 command from HS and verified that x10 didn't work (I never intended for Ocelot to handle x10 traffic, and never hooked up the PSC05 to the ocelot).
    11 went to options tab, saw that the usb interface no longer showed as com 1 (greyed out)
    12 selected adocelot interface, changed com port selection to "none" (or whatever the top choice is)

At this point, the computer hung up, couldnt start task manager etc. Had to reset the computer.

13) restarted computer

Now I cannot start Homeseer. I click on the icon, and the cursor changes to an hour-glass for 1 second, then nothing.

14) reboot multiple times...nothing.
    15) disconnedt ocelot
    16) reboot multiple times...nothing

I don't know what to do. I cannot give more information, cause HS wont start.

PLEASE someone suggest something.....

Thanks in Advance

Tom

Try this :

Make a copy of your settings.ini file in the Hs/config directory. Then scroll down to the [hsip_ocelot] settings and remove them. Now see if HS will restart. If not let us know and we can go from here.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
      Try this :

Make a copy of your settings.ini file in the Hs/config directory. Then scroll down to the [hsip_ocelot] settings and remove them. Now see if HS will restart. If not let us know and we can go from here.

-Rupp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Rupp

No Joy. Same behavior..
      I do have a backup that runs everynight...(I suppose that is the good news). There is also a *_bak.xml file with the same name as my normal xml file in the HS directory with a time stamp that indicates it was created during the failed ocelot install....

Suggestions?

Tom

Tom

Comment

Make sure you have an ini file backed up. Then delete the entire ini file and restart HS to create a new one. This should at least get HS back up and running.

-Rupp
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp

Ok, deleted settings.ini and started HS.

Got this message:
          ###########begin error message
          Error loading the XML grammar file to the voice recognition
          Please email your configuration file to support@homeseer.com so we can diagnose
          the problem.
          Your configuration file is: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\config\sample.xml
          Please make sure all your voice commands only contain alphabetic characters and no symbols.

End of error message##################

HS started, and was using sample.xml.
          Changed it to the correct config file, and when I selected the file, the cursor blinks and nothing happens. So, I restored my config xml file from backup. Restarted HS, continue to get error message (like above)with the new xml file name substituted into the error message. When I acknowledge the error, HS starts.

The problem now is that when HS starts, there are NO interfaces shown in the options pannel. Looks like something else is messed up.

I have opened a ticket at the HS Helpdesk too.

Tom

Tom

[This message was edited by T1 on Thu, 12 February 2004 at 08:10 PM.]

[This message was edited by T1 on Thu, 12 February 2004 at 08:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by T1 on Thu, 12 February 2004 at 08:56 PM.]

Comment

You configured the OCELOT as an X10 interface nat as a plugin. If you wish to use the OCELOT for X10 you should first configure the plugin.

Andrew

------------------------------------------------------------

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
            - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

-----------------------
            "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
            - Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

Comment

Andrew

I'm not sure I understand. I do not want the Ocelot to be my x10 interface from HS to the power line. *****Ok after a good night's sleep, I see that you are right. My actions were in the x10 interface on the options pannel, not in the plug-in section. Thanks!

Rupp

After an email conversation with Rich, I restored last night's backup (Homeseer directory). I'm still getting the following error message, but at least everything else is working now. I have sent my xml file to Rich as the error message suggests.

Begin error message ########
              Error loading the XML grammar file to the voice recognition
              Please email your configuration file to support@homeseer.com so we can
              diagnose
              the problem.
              Your configuration file is: C:\Program
              Files\HomeSeer\config\woolley.xml
              Please make sure all your voice commands only contain alphabetic
              characters and no symbols.
              end error message ################

I'll tackle the ocelot install tomorrow.

Thanks for your help (as usual)

Tom

[This message was edited by T1 on Fri, 13 February 2004 at 08:26 AM.]

Comment

Working...
              X