Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocelot -> HS Speed issues (copied topic)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V1.6.10 of the ADIOcelot was posted this morning. Jim gave it a try and it took care of the problems he was seeing. As far as general slowdown goes, however, I don't know if there is any relationship with ADIOcelot. I did provide the timing functions in each of the major loops so you could see the CPU utilization of the ADIOcelot plugin.

Comment

Wooo, whooo...

Looks like whatever changed in the 1.6.10 plug-in did the trick for me... my Ocelot is back up to it's full speed.

I have attached logs again from my tests.

Thanks,

Scott

- I want my stability back, and a small duck.
      Attached Files

Comment

OK Tomorrow was to be my day to run the tests. I know it has been a long time since this thread was started but one must first make sure the wife is happy. you know WAF...

But by the looks of this last post all is fixed..

Is that correct?

I will load the latest ADIOCELOT plugin and let you know of my findings. If that would help?

AB

------------------------------------------------------------
        A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So far it seems to be good. can i delete the timing devices ?

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

They will be created when any device mapping is done. It is best just to leave them there and hide them from views if you do not want to monitor the performance.

Comment

Ahem....

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")
              HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

I did all types of tests on every concivable combination and the bottom line is this:

1. The new version of the ADIOCELOT plugin has fixed the speed issues reported in this thread. 2. It now runs much faster than the stock OCELOT plugin.
                3. The ADIOCELOT plugin does not slow down HS when using multiple plugins.

I am very happy with this fix. I have migrated my system back to the ADIOCELOT plugin and all is looking well.

AB

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My Ocelot system is again running at it's expected speed and things with it are great.

Although I still see overall speed and performance issues with HS, especially after the zwave stuff was added.

As an example when my thermostat script runs it actually freezes the user interface, it will not respond to mouse or anything until the script finishes. I can see this causing issues in some scripts that respond to x10 commands as they get delayed and they end up running many times in an endless loop. This has happened more than once. Rather unimpressive watching your garage door bounce up and down

Thanks,

Scott

- I want sleep, and a large penguin.

Comment

For the speed issue on the UI, disable all Z-Wave polling (set to 0) and see if that fixes it. If you do not have any Z-Wave then, well, disregard this test. ;-)

Regards,

HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Tinker (HomeSeer Tech):
                      For the speed issue on the UI, disable all Z-Wave polling (set to 0) and see if that fixes it. If you do not have any Z-Wave then, well, disregard this test. ;-)

Regards,

HomeSeer Technologies

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ain't got no zwave... and I really wish I could disable it!

Thanks,

Scott

- I want sleep, and a large penguin.

Comment

Yeah, would like to get the Zwave overhead out of the HS XML file if you don't use it.

- Gordon

If we are what we eat, then I'm fast, easy, and cheap!
                        |
                        | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                        HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Working...
                        X