This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom switch operation

Alright wizards, here's a brainteaser. I have a Leviton X10 switch. It controls 4, 75 watt lights. It comes on anytime for no apparent reason. Homeseer doesn't see any changes in the log. I changed the switch with an exact replacement, and the unit code. Another switch on the same housecode works flawlessly. What's the problem?
    Thanks
    Dave Everson

It more than likely a noise problem on the powerline. The noise is not strong enough to reach your HS interface but is strong enough to activate the switch. The switches with "Intellisense AGC " are supposed to be less susceptible to noise. Common causes of noise are TVs, major appliances, burnt out bulbs, etc.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I finally dropped the bucks and bought an AT004 from Rich. I can now see signal strength and noise on the lines. That's how I finally solved some of these issues. I just went around unplugging things and watching the readout on the tester.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
      The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

I turned my son's computer off and had no false turn-ons over the weekend. I think I found the problem. Now to find out what to do with the computer!!!

Comment

Working...
        X