X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot IR Commands Fail After Memory Location 383

Hello All,

I am having a very strange problem now that I finally got around to programming IR codes in my Ocelot. It seems to only learn and transmit IR commands up to memory location 383. Beginning on memory location 384, no IR commands are ever transmitted trough HomeSeer. I am only using HomeSeer and not CMax to learn and Transmit IR Commands. I get the memory location numbers from the HomeSeer IR GUI.

Here is my setup and what I have tried.

HomeSeer 1.6.171
    Ocelot Plug-in Version 1.0.32
    ADIOcelot Version 1.5.1

Ocelot and SECU-16IR

All Devices Are Set through the GUI to send IR via Zone 3 to a optically isolated Xantech connecting block that has an LED confirmation of any IR signal.

I have used both the ADIOcelot and the older HomeSeer Ocelot Plug-Ins, both exhibit the exact same problem with IR Commands not being issued after location 383.

Why would IR command not be sent after memory location 383? This location is in the middle of one of the IR Devices that HomeSeer Sets up. Seems very odd. No problems sending or learing IR from 0 to 383.

Please help….

Jean-Marie Vaneskahian

--------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com
    http://www.vaneskahian.com

HomeSeer Running On AMD XP 2200+
    HomeSeer PCI Modem For Home Phone
    Running On Windows XP with 1 GB RAM
    ---------------------------------------------------
    jean@vaneskahian.com

I found a problem like that three years ago and I thought it was fixed. HS was mapping a bank of 64 or 128 IR positions to the wrong place.

Try the IR position numbers >383 in CMAX and see if they work. If so, try learning a command in HomeSeer to a position > 383 save the lir file and open in IR-Max and see where HS put it.

-Jon

Comment

As best as I can tell the mapping of devices to locations is one in homeseer itself. The plugin simply accepts an IR number and forwards it to the ocelot.

Comment

Can someone else test this and see if the IR learned through HomeSeer can be Transmitted from HomeSeer using the Test button in the GUI for IR addresses above 383?

Thanks...

Getting Frustrated,
        Jean-Marie

PS: I am dumping the LIR file now from my Ocelot.

jean@vaneskahian.com

jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Ok more data.

I flushed the Ocelot with a completely empty LIR file with no IR codes. I then used CMAX to learn Same IR Code to turn on and off my amplifier at memory locations locations 383 and 384. I used CMAX to play back the IR stream from 383 and 384 and NO PROBLEM.

I then used HomeSeer to Learn the same IR Stream into Memory 506, tried playing it back, but no luck... Nothing at all. At this point I should have had 3 memory loactions written with the ON / OFF IR code (383,384,506). HomeSeer could ONLY play back 383. The LIR dump of the Ocelot did in fact show all 3 memory locations with the same IR Hex. 2 addresses written with CMAX, 1 with HomeSeer. But HomeSeer could only play back the 1 written by CMAX at address 383.

The point is the HomeSeer ONLY seems to play back IR up to address 383 and no more.... but it will learn on all addresses.

Any ideas? does my testing make sense?

Jean-Marie

jean@vaneskahian.com

jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

You may want to confirm my results below, but I am pretty sure that it is only a Problem with Playing the IR command remotely through the SECU16IR.

I learned a command to my Oxcelot with HS to position 384 and tested it using HS (played back the command) from the Ocelot itself and it worked.

Hence, I think the problem is executing a remote IR command from the SECU16IR >383.

I don't have the SECU16IR to test.

-Jon

Comment

Thanks So Much Jon. I will test this ASAP. I will plug an emitter to the Ocelot Directly and see if I get anything. If I do, well then you found it. Would be odd though... But I have seen stranger things

Thanks again... and I will write back with my results

jean@vaneskahian.com

jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Now All IR Works On Both The Ocelot Directly And Via Secu16IR!

Thanks Rich!

Jean-Marie

jean@vaneskahian.com

jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

ok i am having the same problem with my secu16ir, in reading this post is seems the answer was found BUT not posted. what was the fix??
                  detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

The latest versions of ocelot or ADIOcelot. Both are available from the updater.

Comment

I saw the adio version but since i have a load of scripts that use the ocelot i have been nervous about trying it, what is the differnce? and what about scripts in homeseer that use the basic ocelot plugin?
                      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

They have the same core code. The current versions of both plugins have the 383 correction.

ADIOcelot has some usability and performance features that are not in the original. It has a convenient mechanism by which to go in and out of CMAX without restarting homeseer. It supports synchronization with the System Map. It filters out all variables and IO points that are not used so they do not impact homeseer performance. It will remap IR logically rather than needing to rewrite IR locations. It supports the DeviceValue methods for IO points.

When the original ocelot is installed then Homeseer defines the object cpuxa. When ADIOcelot is installed then the user must define cpuxa (or whatever object name they want to use). This will be the biggest difference you will see if you have scripts that use the cpuxa object. The DeviceValue support was added the ocelot will look like any other plugin and standard device methods can be used to control it vs needing the special cpuxa object.

If you are happy with the standard plugin then there is really little motivation to change. If it aint't broke....

Comment

i just looked at the updater and its showing the 32 code to be the latest, anyone got the 33 code?

Comment

I'll post it to the updater soon - we sent it to somebody to test it and forgot to put it in the updater when it worked.
                            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                            X