This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to back up an Ocelot

Is there a way to back up (ie, export) the Ocelot parameters? I've customized so many of the parameters it would be very time consuming to put them back if my Ocelot ever "forgets" them or has to be replaced. I know I could document what I changed them to but I've changed so many, I'm not sure I could even remember what ones I changed.

I have never had to test it but I just save the entire "C:\Programs\Adicon2500" folder to a CD after any major changes and figure anything I need should be there... "should" is the operative word here

Comment

Saving the folder may help since it would include the project file(s) and/or system map file(s) assuming you kept them within the ADI program folder. But, I would also export the IR commands to a master file periodically as I am not sure that these could be recovered from the files within the program folder.
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

AFAIK, the param's are saved on an eprom, non-volatile electronic memory, similar to the 'setup' information on your computer . . . you can yank the chip and plug it into a new ocelot if need be . . . but if the chip itself goes bust your gonna be out a luck if you haven't hand written the information while viewing it in C-Max . . . I don't know of, or think one exists, to 'save' this information, and I'm willing to bet it's not saved auto-magically anywhere in the ADI file hierarchy . . .

Pete C

Comment

Yes, I was referring strictly to the parameters in the memory of the Ocelot. I don't run any Ocelot programs but a copy of them would be on hard disk if I did. I wish the CMAX utility had an export feature that would dump all parameters to a txt file. (ADI are you listening?)

Comment

You can always save the parameters by writing a program to pull them from the Ocelot/Leopard.

The serial protocol is documented on the ADI website, and there are sample applications and source code. Shouldn't be too hard a thing to write. There's also an older ActiveX control that should make things even easier, though I'm not sure if it provides access to the parameters.

Another option would be for the ADIOcelot interface to add scripting commands for accessing the parameters. This would then give HomeSeer the ability to read, or possibly to change, the parameters on the fly.

Probably a good feature request...

Comment

Working...
            X