This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone had these issues

I have a Leopard II Temp Bobcat and a Secu16 and Secu16IR if the system looses power the Temp Bobcat looses its Address setting and causes the entire buss to stop responding. I cannot auto address the units. I have to disconnect everything from the bus and address each unit separately and then I can plug them back together and restart the controller. This is rather frustrating because it makes the entire system crash when the only thing that has lost its settings is the Temp Bobcat.

Surly it is not a good platform design to rely on a product that is so easily disrupted from functioning and takes so long to resolve after it gos wrong. Hell I can just imagine trying to walk someone through the steps over the phone NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

AB

Andrew,

I am pretty sure none of the modules are supposed to loose thier address.

You might get a quicker and accurate answer in the ADI forums.
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

the ADI site is almost dead not many people checking or posting anymore

Comment

I think you need to give it another chance, the ADI tech support monitor the board.

StevenE
        Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Andrew,

Sounds like you had something either wrong in your setup or a bad Temp Bobcat.

While I don't have a temperature bobcat, my understanding is they, like other ADI modules, don't need to be autoaddressed after a power failure. They should keep their addressses. I've never had a problem with others...

What could be happening is that after a power failure the Temp Bobcat might not be responding fast enough to the Ocelot to identify itself on the bus. I believe normally that the Ocelot only looks for existing modules when its first powered up, though you can change that by setting a parameter.

Now as to why the Temp Bobcat may be taking a while to respond, I'd say most likely this is due to bus issues, ie: the bus isn't wired correctly, the wiring is running near AC voltage which will induce a current in it, etc... Thus, it probably takes multiple retries for the Temp Bobcat to communicate, and by that time the Ocelot may have given up on it... If these things are not it, try putting a 150 ohm resistor across COM A/B on one of the devices at the END of your bus (not in the middle). This solved my issue with my Leopard II...

You can also try setting the following:

1. Ensure Ocelot parameter 3 (Max Module address) is set at least as high as the highest module you have on the bus.

2. Set parameter 7 (Rescan time) to 5 or so. This will tell the Ocelot every 5 minutes (whatever it is set to) to automatically rescan the bus. This way if a module is not seen, the Ocelot will eventually rediscover it. I believe this is normally set to 0 which is no auto rescan. I have mine set to 0 as this is not a problem I have now.

3. Set parameter 8 to a larger value, say 20. This specifies the time that the Ocelot waits for a response from a module in 1/10 of a second. Thus 20 = 2 secs. In the case of a flakey bus, this might improve things. I actually have mine set to 10 (believe default is 15) to help speed up response (per ADI recommendation).

4. Parameter 9 specifies how many bus errors are receiving before reporting the error to your CMAX program. By default this is 15, so you should be ok with this. I don't know if it has any affect on how many retries are attempted, so you might try setting this higher temporarily... I have not ever had to change this (suspect it will only affect CMAX reproting on the IF I/O Error Occurs command).

Let me know how this goes. If these don't work, I'd talk to ADI as you might have a bad Temp Bobcat.

As to the ADI board, it is fairly active, about 5-10 messages a day I've been seeing (its definitely not as active as here). If you post this question on there, you'll probably get a response that will solve the problem (Guy will probably answer you).

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
          X