Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ocelot question channel changes 2 at a time.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot question channel changes 2 at a time.

I learned my Sanyo TV remote and when I issue a channel + or channel - the channel changes by 2. So if I'm on 8 it goes to 10. I'm using a device and the type is remote. Any suggestions on how to change a channel at a time? TIA
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,

Try learning it again, but do it a little differently. It sounds like it learned 2 cycles of a repeating code instead of marking it as repeating.
    If you held the remote button down until the confirmation screen, try just pressing it down for a short time, and see if the ocelot still confirms the learn. If this is what you did the first time, then flip the advice - hold the button down until the confirmation.
    If none of this works, the best way is to get a clean IR code for your channel up & down (remotecentral.com or if Jon has the time...) and then use the tools to get it into the ocelot instead of learning directly.

Comment

Rupp,

If re-learning doesn't solve the problem, post your lir file and tell me the ir position numbers of the commands you are having problems with and I'll generate "perfect" Pronto Hex.

That can be converted by IRMax and can replace the old commands.

BTW, is this something new that you are doing, or did these suddenly quit working correctly?

-Jon

Comment

Jon,
        When you sent me my first files I only requested my 2 Sony receivers and a cable box so the TV is a new device. Let me try the relearning and if that doesn't work I'll post the lir file.

Oh yea. How do I get the lir file. Do I need to "export" it somehow? It's been a long time since I did anything but learn new codes.

Comment

Rupp,

Shutdown HS
          Open CMax
          Comms | Attach to Controller
          Infra-red|Download Infra-Red file to Computer

I really don't mind looking at it, but is this a problem that just started or has it been this way since you originally learned the commands. If it used to work and now doesn't it probably is NOT an IR problem, but send the file anyway and I'll confirm.

-Jon

Comment

Jon,
            It's been that way since I learned the commands a few weeks back. Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Update ...
              I relearned the channel + and channel - and they work perfectly. Thanks guys for the helpful hints.

Comment

Working...
              X