This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quirk with my ADIOcelot

I've had a problem with ADIOcelot since installation. Whenever I start up HomeSeer, everything looks like it loads normally. However none of the secu16 inputs change state. I have to go into setting up the interface and create the devices and then change the events as they no longer include the inputs.
    I hope this is clear enough for someone to understand because I sure don't get it
    Thanks
    Dave Everson

Are you saying you have to go through the process to configure your Ocelot as if it's brand new EVERY time you restart HS?

Comment

Yep! Every time. I haven't got a lot of events because it would take a long time. So I'm just getting the bugs fixed before I jump headlong into it
      Dave

Comment

ADIOcelot scans all homeseer devices at startup to determine those that have been defined. For the SECU devices it looks for an interface property of Applied Digital Ocelot. This information should be stored in the xml file used by homeseer to remember device and event information.

At startup it also polls the ocelot to see which external units it has connected. I suspect that if the ocelot does not indicate an external unit then the plugin will not look for associated devices.

After you shut homeseer down do a search of the .xml file and see if the SECU devices are defined in there.

During startup the log contains a line for each SECU unit that is reported. Confirm that your unit shows up during startup.

Comment

Here are the first lines of startup
          Thanks

4/30/2004 5:20:49 PM~!~startup~!~Done Loading Settings
          4/30/2004 5:20:49 PM~!~Info~!~HomeSeer version is: 1.6.0
          4/30/2004 5:20:49 PM~!~startup~!~Loading config file
          4/30/2004 5:20:50 PM~!~startup~!~Done Loading config file
          4/30/2004 5:20:50 PM~!~startup~!~Restoring device status
          4/30/2004 5:20:50 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing X10 Interface 5
          4/30/2004 5:20:51 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Version 1.5.2 Registered with Homeseer
          4/30/2004 5:20:51 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Initializing X10 Interface on port 4
          4/30/2004 5:20:53 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Found CPU-XA/Ocelot
          4/30/2004 5:20:54 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Ocelot IR size: 1024
          4/30/2004 5:20:56 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Unit found: SECU16 Addr: 1

Comment

This shows that the SECU16 is recognized. What about the search for the needle in the xml haystack?

Comment

Your kidding, right? I've looked at menus in France that were easier to disect than that xml file!!! I didn't see anything that even looked remotely like the Ocelot of secu16. Any hint's, or is this electrician proof?
              Thanks

Comment

It is not that bad. Just use a text editor such as notepad. You are interested in the record that has the housecode of the SECU16. Note what this is before you shutdown homeseer. You can then search for

hc='['

if [ is the house code. Substitute as appropriate for your house code. Right after that you will see the interface property which should be

interface='Applied Digital Ocelot'

Note these are single straight quotes in the search strings.

Comment

Where can I find the housecode of the SECU 16 before I shut down Homeseer? I don't remember ever seeing one.
                  Thanks

Comment

You can see it at the bottom of the column where the SECU16 IO points are selected on the ADIOcelot setup tab. You can also see them on the Device View of the Homeseer GUI. You need to see them on the GUI otherwise they most certaintly will not be written to the xml file. The default "location" for the first SECU16 is "Secu16 unit 1". You can select this or "all locations" from the device view GUI.

Comment

On the "device View" the code for the SECU 16 Unit 1 is [1
                      On the configure Interface the HSE is [
                      Under the General/Variable tab "No House Code" is under both tables.
                      Thanks

Comment

The plugin is not seeing them under the expected interface name and IO type. The attached contains a vbs file that can be placed anywhere and double click to run. It will produce the file ADIOcelot.txt in the homeseer root directory with a listing of each device code, interface, and type. The file with my ocelot devices is included for comparison.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I followed the instructions and now all is fine. Note "I followed the instructions". thanks for the great response.
                          Dave Everson

Comment

Glad you got it going.

Note there were 5 download of the test file. Perhaps there were 4 others with a similiar experience.

Comment

Working...
                            X