This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does HS know what the Ocelot is doing?

I haven't completely setup my Ocelot yet, but the x10 portion is done.

My question is... When the Ocelot issues an X10 command by itself, will the status automtically by updated in HS? I know you can poll the Ocelot for temp, input statuses, timers, etc. But I'm not sure about X10 commands previously sent. If I can't, could a simply drop another powerline interface onto my PC to "read" the x10 commands that the Ocelot it putting on the line?

I'm trying to build most of my intelligence into the Ocelot rather than HS. That way if my server dies, I don't lose my house.

Thanks
    ts

No, HS has no way to know what the Ocelot does . . .

you are correct, however, in your work-around idea (a cm11a for HS). . .

or, you could set variables in the Ocelot and have HS act on changes to them

Pete C

Comment

You can also change to using the ADIOcelot plugin to connect to the ocelot. It offers an option to allow HS to see transmitted x10. The only thing to watch is that you don't get yourself into a loop since all x10 that is transmitted, whether by ocelot or HS, will be seen and acted upon by HS as if it was received x10.
      jim

Comment

Timoh

ooops . . .

(I would think everyone (99% anyway) is using ADIOcelot over the orig HS version)

I was running v1.5?? of ADIOcelot, v1.6??? added this feature . . . sorry for the bad advice . . .

Pete C

Comment

No problemo.... That's what boards are for. We all learn something new. The system works!!!
          Tim

Comment

I think the only way to let HS know what the Ocelot is doing is through the new Serial Bobcat. Unfortunatly it can only sent messages from the Ocelot to HS. Using X10 messages to communicate increases the collision chance and is not fail safe.

Comment

Why ? just monitor the Ocelot using the ADIOCELOT plugin. The serial Bobcat would require another plugin or script and as you stated it is only one way.

Comment

Working...
              X