This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unplugging the SecuIR

It all started with repainting the room, I undid all the electronics and placed them on the dinning room table, where they sat for just a touch over 2 weeks. I plugged the SecuIR back in - restarted HomeSeer, and none of the commands work. Reading thru the log file, HS didn't even register the unit.

I might be crazy, but I thought when you reprogram the unit in, it clears all the commands? Yes/no - Anyhow, how do I restore the unit back to it original state with the least amount of pain.

thanks in advance.

Brent Kacian www.bkacian.com
    phillips_brent@hotmail.com
    Homeseer - Ocelot
    &hs.please "sign" @the, guestbook,true

I don't have a SECU16IR, but I do have a SECU16. If you interrupt the power to the SECU16, but as long as the Ocelot is still powered up, it will never see the SECU16 until you interupt the Ocelot's power. A simultaneous failure and restart seems OK like a power outage. You also should check the A-B settings of the RS-485 interface. It is easy to get those backwards.

Comment

Thanks Jon-

To the best of my knowledge the Ocelot should not have had any loss of power, and I unplugged the SecuIR via it's plug, I didn't unscrew the wires at all. Any more ideas?

Comment

Brent,

Just to make sure you understand, if the Ocelot's power was never interrupted, but you disconnected the power to the SECU16IR, and then reconnected the power to the SECU16IR, the Ocelot will NOT "see" it. You need to momentarilty disconnect the Ocelot, with power On to the SECU16 the entire time. Once power is back on for the Ocelot (and the SECU16IR that should have been on), Then exit and start HS again, and it should initialize. You can see that in the log at startup.

If they are both powered by the same source just interrupt the power for both, but it most come back on simultaneously.

If it can't be done simultaneously, power up the SECU16 first, then the Ocelot.

I'm probably beating this to death, but I puzzled over this a long time and contated Kevin Barnett at AppDig who said that is normal behavior.

-Jon

Comment

Another approach is to run Auto address from CMax and then to push address micro switch inside each module in sequence you want them to be hooked up.
          I've just done it with Ocelot-SECU16IR-SECU16

Marty

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Czechmarty:
            Another approach is to run Auto address from CMax and then to push address micro switch inside each module in sequence you want them to be hooked up.
            I've just done it with Ocelot-SECU16IR-SECU16

Marty <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had this same problem and his solved it immediately. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X