This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SECU16IR Question?

I have successfully added another SECU16 and SECU16IR Module to my Homeseer setup. When I go into IR Config. and I set the Ocelot/Leopard unit to zone 17, I can control my tv hooked to the Ocelot/Leopard IR port just fine. On the SECU16 IR unit, the zones are from 1-16 and the zones show up for each of the devices in the IR Config Screen. When I do a test of the TV hooked to zone 1 of the SECU16IR unit (Aux1), I can train the unit but when I go to test the command, nothing happens. The TV does not come on.I have tried hooking the emitter to several locations or IR zones on the SECU16IR unit with no success. When I go into options/Interfaces, both of the new modules show up there including the SECU16IR Interface. Is there something that I am overlooking? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help !!!!

On the secu16 the zones are numbered 0-16, in Homeseer they are 1-17. Make sure you are the using the right port. Also, if you go into HS IR config and pick a device/zone and put the mouse over either the L or T you will see a number come up. That is the ir location in the ocelot. So for zone 0 in the secu16ir the numbers are 1-35, (I think or somewhere close to 35) and zone 1 would be 35-70 etc.

Comment

I have tried putting the emitter in several of the zone positions on the SECU16IR unit with no luck. I know it works because I have tried it in a different location before. One thing I thought was curious, is in the Applied Digital literature on the SECU16 (what little there was), it says you should use 3.5mm stereo plugs on the emitters that are plugged into the SECU16IR unit? All of mine are mono. Not sure what is going on there. Also, once I train a signal for one of the IR ports on the SECU16IR unit should I be able to Learn and then test from the IR Config Screen like you can with the Ocelot/Leopard IR Port (17)? Any additional help would be much appreciated and thanks much for your help !!!!!!! Seems there might be something basic I am missing here.

Comment

After you learn a command, say at location 20, to transmit that command from the secu16ir you have to go into cmax and use the transmit remote ir. Which will bring up another window which asks you the module number of the secu16ir, the port you want to transmit out of, and finally the location. So if the secu16ir is module 2, the zone is 4 and the location is 20 you have to put all these in. I think the other transmit is from the ocelot itself. I have always learned the ir from inside cmax and then tested it and then gone back to HS to make sure they work. Hope some of this helps.

Comment

Are you using emitters with stereo 3.5mm jacks or do yours have mono jacks like mine? Also, are you saying to go the CMAX route to check out and make sure the SECU16IR unit is working and then go to the Homeseer IR Config Screens to test it there? Thanks again for all your help !!!!!!!

Comment

I am using these from Smarthome:Smarthome Emitters
            and I also just purchaced these: http://sales.goldmine-elec.com/prodinfo.asp?prodid=4060
            I have never noticed if they were mono or stereo. Also, I have never been able to store IR commands from Homeseer so I just learn them through cmax, writting down what location does what and then set up the ir in Homeseer.

Comment

Are you using ADIOcelot?
              ADIOcelot Allows you to reassign IRs.

Comment

After reading through the threads on the SECU16IR system, I have been able to get it to work. The Ocelot/Leopard unit is zone 17 and the SECU16 is zones 1 - 16. What I decided to do is control another item other than the Sony TV. I tested with a Toshiba DVD Player and I was able to control it fine on zone 1 of the SECU15IR unit. I am assuming that I have to somehow tweak the frequency for the Sony TV to get it to work. Anyone have any ideas on how to adjust the frequency of the Sony TV? Also if this has to be done via CMAX, how does one still control the unit with Homeseer? Thanks for all your help !!!!!!!

Comment

Rick,
                  When I learned the commands for my equipment I used cmax. But I think it is easier to go into Homeseer ir config and set up the devices you are going to control. This will give you an idea of where their codes are going to stored in the ocelot. For example the first device is from location 0-35. So the next device would be from 36-71 and so on. Then when you go into cmax just put the location from HS where you store the ir code, Learn the code and then try it using the remore transmit option. It might work the first time but keep learning it until it does. Then when you go back into HS the ir commands will be there, you will have to change the labels to what your commands are, unless you set them before your stored the commands in the ocelot. Hope this helps, sorry for the long winded response.

Comment

Has anyone experienced problems learing Sony IR codes with Homeseer Config/IR Screen? If so, does CMAX provide a way to modify the frequency?
                    Thanks in advance for the help !!!!!!

Comment

I responded here regarding learning Sony IR codes.

Comment

I tried teaching Homeseer the IR for the Sony T.V. from several different Universal Remotes with no luck. When training IR in CMAX, is it possible to adjust the frequency of the signal after it has been trained? How is everyone else handling these issues with Sony and other equipment that have frequencies that don't want to cooperate? Thanks in advance for all the help !!!!!!

Comment

Hey,

I just finished learning IR codes for my Sony Amplifier and television. Used CMax frequency 38 Khz. Using the ADIOcelot plugin there were no problems at all. I still have to test it with a Secu16IR. I did a lot of research and the Sony devices should have IR frequencies of 38 or 40 KHz.

Comment

Thanks for the information. Would I be correct in assuming that the IR number you select in CMAX is the equivalent IR number in the Homeseer Ocelot Plug-In? What I was going to do is put the cursor over the particular command button in the IR/Config Screen in Homeseer and see what number pops up and then when I train in CMAX I would put that same number in the IR number box in the CMAX IR Learning Screen. Does this sound o.k.? Thanks again for the information and all your help !!!!!!

Comment

With the exception of a few Audio receivers made approximately five years ago, Sony's IR carrier frequency is 40KHz. AFAIK, only in CMax can you set the frequency to other than the default 38 KHz.

Using 38 KHz will probably work but reduce the range. Sony commands are very easy to learn for the Ocelot and you shouldn't encounter problems.

Make sure you have new batteries in the OEM remote before a learning session -- this is the #1 problem. Also make sure you set the Ocelot to learn before pressing the OEM button that will be learned. Then keep depressing the OEM button until you get the signal that it has been accepted.

Sony, like many manufacturer's has IR blind periods when it won't respond to a second command after being turned On. This is particularly true in TV's and Projectors.

If you issue an input command like DVD, Video 1, etc., most Sony Audio receivers will turn On (only) from Off. In that case if you send DVD twice it will improve the liklihood that it will turn on to the correct input.

Comment

Working...
                              X