Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here know what frequency the APEX DVD remotes work on? I have just recently started using the IR stuff and this is the only one that I have not been able to set up. Unfortunately there is a great glut of info on the web about these players, but I have not been able to come across this info.

Comment

Jon,
      This receiver was made probably more than 5 years ago. I got a couple of Universal Remotes including one made by Sony and it has fresh batteries in it and the Ocelot says it learns the signal o.k., but when I play it back, the tv doesn't respond. Also, when I go to CMAX, do I use the same IR number selection as that in the Homeseer IR/Config Screen when I put the cursor over Learn or Test? Any other ideas would be much appreciated and thanks much for all of your help !!!!!

Comment

Rick,
        Yes the same number you see in the Homeseer ir/config page is the same number in cmax.

Comment

Rick

Second try, first try got lost during connection failure .

My only real problem with learning IR was my broken Ocelot and after a lightning fast replacement from ADI I experienced no real problems. I learned IR codes for several Sony & Philips devices all on 38 KHz. Mind you I don't use the Ocelot for IR recognition only for transmitting.

If you don't own a blinking transmitter buy one. It’s a real pain in the *** if you're unsure the Ocelot sent IR or not. It really helped me in my IR learning & testing process.

I immediately tested the learned IR codes after learning.
          Learn all the commands you want to learn for each device before moving to the next device. Otherwise you have to change the IR locations in the ADIOcelot plugin.

After learning all the IR codes go to HomeSeer and open the ADIOcelot plugin. Go to the IR tab (not sure, can't check it right now) and remove all the pre-programmed devices. After clearing the whole list add your devices in the order you programmed them in CMax. The next step is adding all the commands in the same order you learned them in the Ocelot. After doing this tedious job you can use commands like Amp.On in HomeSeer to send an IR command to the Ocelot which will transmit the correct IR code to your device.

My next project is feeding all the different IR streams from a Secu16IR in different RF cables using Xantech Injectors and Couples. This way I can control all my TV's, VCR and Stereo equipment using the already existing RF cables.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard Miles:
            Anyone here know what frequency the APEX DVD remotes work on? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFAIK, they all use the NEC1 IR protocol that is 38KHz the default. Although they use the same IR protocol there appear to be many variations in what command sets they use. So a remote from one Apex DVD may not control a different Apex DVD model.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Bonari:
              This receiver was made probably more than 5 years ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
              I meant AUDIO receiver in that context, I edited my post to reduce the confusion. Every Sony TV I have come across uses 40KHz.
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... Ocelot says it learns the signal o.k., but when I play it back, the tv doesn't respond. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Does it learn ANY commands correctly for any gear?

Have you tried just using the Ocelot without the SECU16IR?

Until, you get it working, I would stay in CMax to test. Get the Ocelot working first, then the SECU16IR, and then HomeSeer.
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also, when I go to CMAX, do I use the same IR number selection as that in the Homeseer IR/Config Screen when I put the cursor over Learn or Test? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
              As someone else mentioned this is correct. If you have a video camera they can ususally "see" IR so try rigging that to see if IR is actually coming out of the emitter. The blinker emitters are good, but the visible LED can be working and the IR LED defective, this is unlikely, but possible.

My gut feeling is that it appears to be a learning problem, but it is something else.

Comment

Hello All,
                Well, I have had success in learning the Sony T.V. In CMAX I had to go up to around 50KHZ and then I could train and play back commands for this Sony TV. Also, I do have the blinking emitters, and yes this did make it much easier to see what was going on. I trained the command in CMAX and then was able to control it in Homeseer IR/Config Screen. It appears that this particular TV is one of those odd ball sets and it may be older than I originally thought. Thanks again guys for all of your help !!!!!!!! I have often said before that the Homeseer Support Group is one of the main selling points of the Homeseer Software !!!!!!

Comment

Hey Rick,

How about trying something. I have attached a zip with an lir file for a generic Sony TV. It has discrete power commands and discrete input commands as well. It was generated with GenIRDB.

Make sure you save your existing file in CMax under Infra-Red|upload IR file from controller. Once that is done (and it is kind of slow 9600 baud), then select the unzipped SonyTV.lir file with the Infra-Red|Download IR file to Controller in CMax.

Here is across reference for the commands to IR position:

IR Position=01 Program_0
                  IR Position=02 Program_1
                  IR Position=03 Program_2
                  IR Position=04 Program_3
                  IR Position=05 Program_4
                  IR Position=06 Program_5
                  IR Position=07 Program_6
                  IR Position=08 Program_7
                  IR Position=09 Program_8
                  IR Position=10 Program_9
                  IR Position=11 Volume_Up
                  IR Position=12 Volume_Down
                  IR Position=13 Mute
                  IR Position=14 Channel_Up
                  IR Position=15 Channel_Down
                  IR Position=16 Power_On/Off
                  IR Position=17 Enter
                  IR Position=18 Program_Select
                  IR Position=19 Prev._Channel
                  IR Position=20 Guide
                  IR Position=21 Program_15,Channel_Guide
                  IR Position=22 Level_Up
                  IR Position=23 A/V_Window_Down
                  IR Position=24 Clear
                  IR Position=25 Am/Pm
                  IR Position=26 Return
                  IR Position=27 Off_Timer
                  IR Position=28 Pip_On
                  IR Position=29 Data_On_Screen
                  IR Position=30 Pip_Swap
                  IR Position=31 Pip_Position
                  IR Position=32 Exit_Menu
                  IR Position=33 Discrete_On
                  IR Position=34 Discrete_Off
                  IR Position=35 Video_1
                  IR Position=36 Video_2
                  IR Position=37 Video_3

You can also use IRMax and put these commands into a master lir file. The labels are also visible in IRMax, so after you master IRMax (a little on the counterintuitive side). Make sure you save our original files before using CMax, it doesn't give you any warning about overwriting.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Jon,
                    It may be awhile before I get a chance to try the file, but I will try it as soon as I can, and thanks for the information and all your help !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X