This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invert Inputs

I was wondering if you could set invert inputs per module with the ADIOcelot plugin ?
    I have one module I would like to invert the inputs for HS. But I don't want to invert the other modules.

Thanks
    StevenE
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Depending on the particular situation, you may be able to invert an electrical signal using a resistor and transistor as I do for the servo control chip at the below link. If you need to invert a 5v TTL signal to a serial port ~10v signal, you could use an rs232 chip.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo.htm
    Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

V1.7.0 is attached with the ability to change the inversion on a per-module basis. I have no means to check it now so backup your \Config\Settings.ini and the homeseer xml for your devices and give it a try. If it works for you then I will propogate it for general use.
      Attached Files

Comment

StevenE,
        look in the secu16.pdf on page 4:
        The threshold values are stored in parameters 2 and 3 (see Table 2). C-Max™ is used to change a
        parameter value. Below is a sample screen of the Module parameter utility
        The threshold values can also be used to perform reverse logic. Lets say for example you want an input
        to be OFF when closed and ON when open, such as a door sensor in a security system. This can be done
        by setting the low threshold to 0 and the high threshold to 128. If you wanted to have the input report
        OFF when open and ON when closed, set the low threshold to 128 and the high threshold to 255. This
        can be done with analog or supervised inputs.

Peter
        Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Michael,

Thanks, I will give it a try. Wow that was quick.

Thanks
          StevenE

Peter,
          Yes I know I can change the values on the module but it was a little more complicated than that. I have a program in cmax that uses the inputs just the way they are now. I wanted to invert the inputs just for HS so they would logically make sense, and possibly work with doomotion.

Thanks
          StevenE

Comment

Michael,

That seems to have worked, I didn't try it for all the modules. But the one I wanted to change seems to work.

Thanks
            StevenE

Comment

If it works for one then it should work for all.

A change to the structure of the storage of setup information was needed. I tried to do it in a way that retained backward compatibility with the original ocelot plugin, but I'm not certain if the original will ignore invert/dont-invert data appended to the structure.

Since ADIOcelot seems to be pretty stable the backward compatibility is likely not as important as it was when initially introduced.

Comment

Working...
              X