This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR receive X10 control for ocelot

got my new Ocelot hooked up, I am running the ADIocelet plugin, not sure if this is the one I should use or not, pointers would be helpful, what I am looking to do is use my sony remote commander 3100 to control X10 devices such as lights, etc.. I tried to make it learn commands from my X10 5 in 1 remote, but dont get any indictation in HS that anything is received when I press the button I learned.. is there anything I need to setup in the ocelot first? or on homeseer? anyone else ever used the commander series? it has lighting control options, the sony manual is very vague about the lighting control portion of the device.. any help is appreciated..
    -christopher
    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cadillackid: ... I am looking to do is use my sony remote commander 3100 to control X10 devices such as lights, etc.. I tried to make it learn commands from my X10 5 in 1 remote, but dont get any indictation in HS that anything is received when I press the button I learned.. is there anything I need to setup in the ocelot first? or on homeseer? anyone else ever used the commander series? it has lighting control options, the sony manual is very vague about the lighting control portion of the device.. any help is appreciated... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The x10 remotes put out an RF not IR signal for the x10 commands, so you can't learn it. There are several choices to get what you want:

1. The Ocelot has the ability, and HS supports, IR recognition. So you can teach your Ocelot an unused set of commands (Select the Emerson VCR in your Sony. That is a good choice if you don't have one.)

Then create a series of events triggered by IR recognition (IR match). The downside is you need to get the IR command to be recognized to the Ocelot, assuming it's not out in the open where you are using the remote. The choices here are:
    A. Remote IR receiver from AppDig or,
    B. Wired IR distribution system (a whole different subject) or,
    C. Wireless IR extenders (that I don't recommnend for an IR match purpose)

2. Buy an IR543 ~$20 that does IR to x10 powerline commands. The IR543 can be put above the TV or electronic components. The x10 remotes can be set to do IR and you can learn it from them in the IR mode. You can then trigger HS from x10 commands or control the equipment directly or a combunation of the two.

I use option 2 even though I have a wired distribution system. I found it to be easy and reliable.

Comment

not sure what im doing wrong here.. I thought id start out simple.. so I went into Cmax and taught my ocelot ir 001 and ir 002. as 2 buttons from my sony commander.. it did the learn and said the commands learned.. saved them to a file and downloaded them to my ocelot. i then wrote a cmax program that if i receive ir 1 then do a x10 a8 on and if I receive an ir 2 do an x10 a8 off. did the download program in interpreter into ocelot, pushed the buttons and nothing. I loaded the homeseer program and button press does nothing.. my ocelot theoretically should do x10 on its own.. im using the psc05. the ocelot does do x10 through homeseer. i also am not getting anything into the variables.. I have manyt devices labelled variables but nothing ever shows in them...
      -christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Start by making it work in CMax. Once CMax produces reliable results then take the next step with HS. I'm not a CMax expert, if no one else responds, then post over on the AppDig forum:

http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Comment

Working...
        X