This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIE QUESTIONS

about to dive into the ocelot and have questions about the secu16ir. Does it emit and recieve? It is listed as a reciever but is sounds if yall are using it as an emitter correct me if i am wrong. A little information for a newbie would be appreciated. I would like to have emiiter and recievers in 8 different rooms. Thanks

The SECU16-IR has sixteen zoned IR outputs. I don't believe that you would be able to use it to receive IR at each room. Only send IR to each room.

Comment

You only really need an Secu16IR if you have multiple equipment that responds to the same commands.

For example you have two Sony TV's and you want to control them independently. If you don't have that, then any of the Xantech, Buffalo, etc. wired distibution systems will work (as well as some home built designs) that send all IR commands to every room.

I can probably give you a far more relevant answer if you describe what equipment you are trying to control. It will be useful to describe the brands but I don't need model numbers, Sony TV will suffice.

Comment

Working...
      X