Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid Question but what does the plugin actually do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Question but what does the plugin actually do?

Greegings,

I have the Ocelot hooked up to a Secu16IR
    I downloaded and installed the ADIO plugin

I used Homeseer's IR/Config to learn the remote codes and this works really great. Can now turn on/off volume control multiple amps etc etc.

So...

How does it work? So far I have not found any use for it and I have not found any help files to understand how it works and what to do with it.

Thanks for your patience.

I'd love to know the answer to your question too. I've got an Ocelot and have been using it with Homeseer as an X-10 interface for years. I've never installed the Ocelot plug-in and I'm not sure what capability it would give me over and above what I already have.

Comment

I always believed a plug-in allowed you to add a non HS programme into HS and it would perform, or not as may be the case, as if it was part on the main programme, HomeSeer.

I could be wrong, but, as opposed to HS running script's or whatever on the side, the Plug-In allowed it to become part of the main programme.

The people to answer this are the one's that write Pkug-Ins, or the "Boy's from Dover" (Translation: The pro's, in this case 2R's and team )

We realy need to get some more Gremlins or whatever thay are called, the faces, you know etc.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Kevind,
        The Ocelot plugin allows you to learn these codes just as you have done. Without it you would not be able to interface HS to the Ocelot. It also allows you to interface with Ocelot add ons.

hl,
        If all you've been using your Ocelot for is an X10 interface then your missing out on about 99% of what an Ocelot can do. It's main function is to learn and issue IR commands. You can also write code that can run commands using the Ocelot. You can also add on modules to give you digital and analog connections. It's really a versatile device.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ocelot and IR

Rupp, this is a great lead-in to a question I've got. I've been using my Ocelot as an X10 controller, and my SlinkE as my IR controller. That seemed appropriate at the time, because I was using the SlinkE to control 4 Sony CD changers, and it was pretty simple to add on a single IR emitter to control the receiver associated with the changers. However, I'm moving from the CD changer solution to a hard drive solution, and don't have the need for SlinkE to control the changers any more. Can you give me a pointer to how I might use the Ocelot (with an add-on box, I assume) to substitute for the IR control currently provided by the SlinkE? Thanks!

Ray

Comment

Talaray,
            All you need is one of the Ocelot plugins. I personally use the Ocelot Plugin from HST. There's also the ADIOcelot plugin. Assign the Ocelot as your IR interface and start learning codes.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sorry, I should have been more specifid - My Ocelot is located near my HA computer in the basement, and the SlinkE is located in a closet with the CD changers and the rest of the stereo. It controls the receiver via IR, and the changers via the S-link connection.

First question - is there any distance limitation for IR receiver/emitter cables? If not, when I don't need the SlinkE any more, I can just run a long cable with an emitter from the Ocelot to the receiver, and control the receiver with the Ocelot.

But thinking bigger - I have cat5 cable run throughout the house, and connected to IR receiver windows on the volume controls that I have distributed in various rooms. Is there a way to hook that cat5 cable into the Ocelot (is that how the SECU unit is used?) to receive and send IR to other rooms via the Ocelot? I don't have zoned audio, but I read about "zones" for IR - is there a brief description for a newbie somewhere?

Ray

Comment

I found some documentation for the ADIOcelot plug-in on my system in:

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Docs\ADIOcelot_Readme.doc

The first part of the document tells you some things it will do vs. the HST plug-in, which may or may not be important to you.

Comment

Working...
                X