This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Install ADIOcelot

Dumb question, but I'm new to HS. How do you install the plug-in? Do you click on it and it installs itself or does the .exe file have to be placed in a certain folder? I want to interface HS with my SECU-16 inputs and relays. Will it appear under view-options-interfaces then show up in the I/O window?

Thanks, Chris

From the Homeseer Menu, Select Help / Updates. A menu of items are presented for download. (This may take a minute or two). Selecte the ADIOcelot and proceed to download it.

I think everything will be setup for you by the updater. You will then need a homeseer restart. If it does not appear then, then select from the Homeseer Menu, View / Options / Interfaces / and pulldown for ADIOcelot. Restart Homeseer again.

To get the most current version then go the the message board in this thread. Exit Homeseer. Download and unzip the .exe file into the Homeseer root folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Homeseer). Restart Homeseer.

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Still not working though. The .exe is in the HS root directory but still only 4 options under I/O:

Homevision
      MR26A
      Applied Digital Ocelot
      Smartlink Templink

Am I supposed to see something new called ADIOcelot?

Thanks, Chris

Comment

Looks like an awfull austere set of available IO. Seems to me that a vanilla HS install should have more than just that.

When installed via the updater the hspi_ADIOcelot.exe is registered so it will be visible as an ActiveX interface. The hspi_ prefix in the Homeseer folder is what is used by Homeseer to identify the list of available plugins.

I dont have any more ideas other than looking at the homseer log file to see if any messages appear there that may provide some hints. The other thing that you can look at is see if the ADIOcelot appears as an option for the IR or X10 interface selection. This is on the upper part of the same location where the IO is selected. You can also look in the registry to confirm that hspi_adiocelot.hspi is registered.

Comment

Working...
        X