Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried "send remote IR?" in CMax. I don't have a SECU16IR, but I think you enter the unit number and the IR command number. I'm not at a computer with CMax installed right now.

As far as the behavior of the discrete commands, I think some Onkyo's do work that way.

Don't forget a macro for Off|Off-On toggle is the same as a discrete On.

As far as HS is concerned, unless something has radically changed, HS doesn't know or care about the lir file. It doesn't cause it to be created, it doesn't read it; it just simply plays the command in that IR slot. It can cause the Ocelot to learn, but you can't set in the frequency which is important in some cases.

If you name the IR slot it in HS, then you can call it by name. Most of the time when I really used the Ocelot in HS, I generated all my commands and didn't bother to type in the labels. I just had an Excel spreadsheet with the commands by IR number and created scripts from that.

Just use the command cpuxa.PlayIR(169) or in your case I think it's cpuxa.PlayRemoteIR with the unit number of the SECUIR and the command number.

Comment

Ok more problems...I think I am opening up a can of worms here.

From CMAX:
      I have been successful in learing IR codes from the remote and keeping the discrete ones saved to an LIR file which I downloaded to the Ocelot from CMAX.

I tested them and they work ONLY if I plug the IR emitter into the Ocelot itself. It's as if the Ocelot is not picking up the SECU16IR module.

From HS
      Downloaded the ADIOcelot plugin again
      Restarted HS
      HS picks up the Plugin on restart

Clicked on ADIOOcelot setup

Clicked on I/O Devices - Unit 0 registers as Ocelot. The SECU16IR is no longer registering as Unit 1. It did before I started this whole journey...now gone.

Clicked on CMAXz; synchronize HS/CMAX. Update

Nothing nothing. This &*&$##@

So in summary:

The SECU16IR was being picked up by the ADIOcelot plugin the very first time I used it. Now it does not

Cannot get the Ocelot to send IR through the SECU16IR

Tried to send IR Command from CMAX using the Send Remote IR option: Module = 1 Zone = 0 IR Number = 2. Nothing. Also tried mixing the numbers up and still nothing.

CAN send the Discrete and Learned commands from CMAX if the Emitter is plugged directly into the Ocelot.

No control from HS.

Comment

Sorry for the rambling here but I am continuing my debug process.

I have removed the ADIOcelot plugin again.
        HS was able to learn the commands from IR-Config
        Commands work including the discretes IF I plug the emitter directly into the Ocelot

So....

Something has happend from the original setup to now that continues to elude me. Originally I had setup all the IR codes with HS and the emitter pluged into IR-0 on the SECU16IR and all worked fine

Now the SECU16IR is not being picked up and is not transmitting and IR signals.

Man.....

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kevind:
          Something has happend from the original setup to now that continues to elude me. Originally I had setup all the IR codes with HS and the emitter pluged into IR-0 on the SECU16IR and all worked fine

Now the SECU16IR is not being picked up and is not transmitting and IR signals. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you have a hardware connectivity issue. If you can't communicate with the SECU16IR in CMax (with the send remote IR command), it isn't going to work in HS. I think if you look at the log in the HS startup process, that the SECU16 isn't being recognized. If so it is probably one of the following:

1. Power interrupted to the SECUIR -- if power is removed from the SECU16IR but NOT the Ocelot, the Ocelot won't recognize teh SECU16IR until the Ocelot is powered off and then back on. The SECU16IR must either be powered on first or simultaneously with the Ocelot.

2. Physical wiring -- if the Com A and B get reversed or disconnected nothing happens.

3. Auto Addressing of the SECU16 IR -- did you mess with auto addressing while trying to troubleshoot other problems? If so, dig out the manual and start over with auto addressing.

4. And way, way less likely; a hardware problem with one of the modules.

I would go over to the AppDig forum and work there until you can send a remote IR command with the SECU16IR. They know what all the blinking light codes mean and nuances are. I have made all the mistakes in 1 through 3, but it's been a long time ago.

Comment

Here we go again.

I think I have identified the problem but unable to solve. At some point the Ocelot stopped transmitting to the SECU16IR. The "Comms" light on the Ocelot is no longer blinking.

I remember this light was on the first time I fired the system up.

Oh Boy...what have I done.

Comment

Jon,

I was messing with the "Auto Adress in CMAX...crap.

I am going to try and start from scratch. I have removed the CMAX software and will try reloading it.

Will reinstalling the CMAX software dump all the old stuff?

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

There is an Application Note for auto addressing.

If you are still having problems you really should go over to the AppDig forum it has a friendly group of people who will help:

http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin...?ubb=forum;f=3

Comment

Got It!

The solution in the end:

Downloaded the newest Ocelot Manuel which includes a whole bunch of stuff that does not come on the CD

Downloaded and installed the new CMAX ver2 software. This has a function in it that let's you tell the software what modules you have.

Went through the AutoAdress program as instructed in the newest manual.

Presto!

Phew...I don't want to go through that again.

Thanks everyone one for the help and your unending patience.

Comment

I am going through some of the same issues but once figured out, I still have seem to have some issues with the IR emitters. The signal seems extremely weak from the SECU16IR (there is a visual light and response requires very accurate placement). When I plug the emitter into the Ocelot it seems to be a very strong signal (Light is bright and darn near works from accross the room). Anyone know why the signal might be so week from the SECU16IR?

Comment

Working...
                    X