X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Tips & Advice Needed

Hello All,

I am just about to start setting up my ocelot w/hs plugin. I've been doing alot of reading about this, maybe I understand it a little more (I learn better hands on). If anyone has any tips or general advice for making it as easy as possible it would be appreciated. For now I will setup to control tv/vcr/dvd player and will add more devices later.

As Always

thanks,

BrianD

BrianD,
    The first thing you need to decide on is which plugin your going to use? Next is how you plan on "routing" you ir. Hardwire or wireless. You should also start looking for discrete codes for your hardware.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yeah I forgot to mention this,

I'm going to do this hardwire and don't need Zones (keep it simple). I planned on using the plugin available from the updater 1.7 ADIOcelot, unless their is a better choice?

WHat is discrete codes? I here this term thrown around but don't find it in the manual anywhere (or overlooked).

Thanks Again,

BrianD

Comment

BrianD,
        Discrete codes are codes that replace your toggle codes. For example. If you manually learn you TV remotes on/off button. The first time you send an on the TV comes on the next time you send the exact same code it goes off. This could be a problem if the TV is off and you send an off thinking it was on an it came on. Confusing?

Discrete codes replace toggle codes and when you send an off the only thing that will happen is the device will go off. So if its off and you send an off it stays off.

Some devices do not have discrete codes. If you list your devices there a very helpful sole on the BB named Jon Armstrong that help me get them into the Ocelot.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OKay I got most of my codes learned but I'm having problems distributing my IR. I'm using the method on this page

http://www.james.lipsit.com/ir.htm

I tried every possible connection. The ocelot is sending IR but when I hook the Xantech I can't get anything. Even tried testing on a 10 ft coxial cable. Is it possible the Xantech stuff is bad? Will contact them if no one has any ideas.

Yes I made sure the injector and coupler are facing the right way.

Any ideas,

Brian

Comment

I'd also suggest looking at the ADI Support board as well. Its available at:

Applied Digital Support Forum

Comment

Working...
            X