This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp Bobcat

I did a search and couldn't find anything on how to setup a Temp Bobcat.

C-Max can see the Temp Bobcat as Module 2 but I can't find any instructions on how to get HS to see it.

Anyone with a working Temp Bobcat that can tell me how to get it working?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

This may not be much help. I have a temperature Bobcat and Humidity Bobcat installed (I think) as modules four and five. The temperature shows in HS under devices in the Ocelot as variable 20 and humidity as variable 19 (the default names given to them by HS).

What I don't know remember is whether or how you have to map them in CMax. I set mine up about four years ago and they seem to have kept working through all the CMax and HS software revisions. Anyway it's worth a look in the devices tab at what is showing up in the far left hand column for all the Ocelot variables.

If you see numbers, that's good. If it seems like the tempreature, that probably it :-) I have a couple of simple scripts that control an electric radiator in the winter in a room where my wife keeps plants if that's useful for the exact syntax.

Comment

To access Bobcat data from HS you need to move the values into variables.

There are two ways that I know of to do that

Use Cmax code similar to the following:
      1221 - IF Module #4 -BOBCAT-T is < 256
      1222 - THEN Load Data to: v64-Temp-Outside-(Bobcat-#1)

Note that with this method the number you get is offset by 100 - data of 164 = 64 degrees. Therefore negative numbers would be represented by numbers less than 100.

The other method is to set Ocelot paramerter 1 to some value other than 0. The bobcat data values will then be loaded into a variable where the variable number is equal to parameter 1 plus the bobcat address. If param 1 = 15 and bobcat address =4 then data will be loaded into var 19 (15+4). This method the number is not offset by 100. I'm not sure how it displays negative temperatures.

jim

Comment

Working...
      X