This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-10 & Ocelot

I recently set up the Ocelot. When I send an IR command, the IR controlled equipment works but X-10 commands do not. Example I set the TV to come on (which it does) and the light to go off (which it does not). I have set the events to receive the trigger from the IR, in the devices I have set the light to off. What did I do wrong? Am I missing a step?
    Any help please for a new user
    Thanks
    Mike

Mike,
    A couple of basic questions. Do you have your Ocelot connected to a TW523 and configured as your X10 controller.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp:
      Yes its connected via the TW523, I downloaded the plugin and configured it. I tried using the regular interface from ADI but when I loaded HS it reported it could not find the interface.
      Sorry If I do not give you the right info or sound a little dumb, but I am very new to this.
      Thanks Ruff
      Mike

Comment

So new I mispelt your name, sorry again
        THANKS RUPP!
        Mike

Comment

Mike,
          No problem. Ruff actually sounds better. Can you control any X10 devices using the Ocelot as your interface?

Comment

No, I have tried using an X-10 controler
            Mike

Comment

When you tried using an X10 controller did it work? What I'm trying to figure out is if it's the controller or maybe a weak signal.

Comment

My house luckily enough has worked pretty well signal wise with very few of the problems mentioned in other posts. I"ll try a few expriments with other contolers and codes and see what happens.
                Thanks for your responses
                Mike

Comment

OK the controller is working but the Ocelot does flash a received an X-10 signal?
                  Mike

Comment

Mike,

Can you post the code relative to this to problem? You can just "print your project to file" then open the result in a text editor and copy and paste the relevant portion here.

Chris

Comment

Make sure your phone cable is the same color code on both sides. It should NOT be a standard phone cable. When I received my ocelot they sent me the wrong phone cable. Make sure they are YGRB and YGRB.

Comment

I'm with skozin. Check your cable, my ocelot from worthington at the start of this year came with the wrong cableas well.

Comment

I know. I thought it should have took me a few minutes to set up the ocelot, but like every project I do it took me a few hours because of the wrong telephone cable that was shipped with the ocelot. I found out by going to the applied digital forum where I noticed that it happened to many people in the past. I bought my ocelot from smarthome and when I found out the mistake I actually talked to Applied Digital to let them know and they said that they knew about the problem but thought they corrected all of the cables.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, everything is working. I think it was just my inexperience.
                            Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X