This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird!

When i start a playlist with Maestro now Itunes turns off the Shuffle for that playlist. This never used to happen and the only thing that has changed in my music setup was installing this latest Beta.

Any Ideas?

Neil
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

one other thing

This evening after my evening anouncement to tell my son to get ready for bed occured Itunes restarted but started skipping through the songs again.

The funny thing was it wasn't skipping through the songs of the playlist that was playing before the announcement it started skiping through songs from the last playlist i unsuccessfully tried to play through the ITunes Plugin (which i do not use because it doesn't work). Now that i think about it this is what has always happened after trying to use the plugin, even months after.

Something is very wrong here and it is driving me nuts. Right now all i use the Itunes plugin for that works is changing the volume through events.

I'm thinking to switch to Blades Volume control plugin and ditch this plugin altogether.

It should not be this hard with a plugin i paid good money for and hasn't worked in over a year

Comment

This is odd because I use this plugin daily with out any problems. What version of iTunes are you running?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

I use the latest version available, always have. This plugin has never worked for me. From moving from PC to Hometroller, back to PC, reinstall plugin, ITunes, delete library, re-create library, everything i could possibly think of it has never worked.

The worst investment i've made in my HA setup so far. I hope they fix it because it would become my most used plugin if it worked, but as it stands i'm ready to quit.

Neil

Comment

I noticed this error in my log this morning. It occured right after a speach event and my music did not resume playing. Not sure if this is from the Itunes plugin or something else.

Neil

1/8/2008 6:33:30 AM Error Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A005B): Object variable or With block variable not set at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(O bject o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGe t(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) at scriptcode22.scriptcode22.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
              I noticed this error in my log this morning. It occured right after a speach event and my music did not resume playing. Not sure if this is from the Itunes plugin or something else.

Neil

1/8/2008 6:33:30 AM Error Scripting runtime error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A005B): Object variable or With block variable not set at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(O bject o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGe t(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) at scriptcode22.scriptcode22.Main(Object parm) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleName, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments)
              Neil,
              Can you please put this in as a help desk request. Also are there any entries in your event viewer?

Comment

Request created Ticket # 15359

I am not at home to check my event viewer, i will check later

Neil

Comment

I agree. This plug in hasn't worked from day one and it's one of the most expensive plug ins I bought. As I posted earlier when somthing is announced it will start playing a song right after. It does this about 10% of the time. You then have to go find a computer to shut it off. Major pain!! I have put in numerous tickets on this and it never gets fixed. This should have been a free beta until they got the bugs worked out.

Comment

So i finally decided to pull the plug on this plugin after it caused (i think) a major crash of my HS causing me to restore from backup. I now have it completely removed and was suprized to see that now my average CPU utilization has gone from around 10% to less than 1% !

Neil

Comment

I'll see if I can re-create these issues and get a new version posted asap.

Comment

Pay again for updated version?

I bought the iTunes plug-in (2.1) in early 2006. It never worked right and now I'd like to update it to the latest version (2.4) in hopes that it works better, but the "Updater" utility shows a price of $39.95 for the update! Shouldn't I be entintled to free updates, particularly given that the version I purchased never worked right?

Thanks,

DIAZHOME

Comment

The license is the same, there is no charge. Just install the new version and it will use your current license. That price in the updater is for new users of the plugin.

Comment

Plug-in 2.4 Beta error

Thanks. I installed the 2.4 Beta version and when I restarted HS the following error got reported in the log: "1/30/2008 4:27:26 PM - iTune - Warning, unable to create playlist: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))" and the plug-in shows a parse error (see attached print-screen). Should I try the previous version (non Beta)?

Thanks,

DIAZHOME
                            Attached Files

Comment

I'm back to itunes not working at all. I can't select a song or if I try and play a playlist I get this error.

2/14/2008 7:24:25 PM iTune Warning, unable to create playlist: Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

Also the problem I have had since day 1 and never gets fixed is itunes starting up after evnets that involve speaking or wav. files. Can you please fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of having to go turn itumes off after my doorbell rings.

Comment

Problem still exists with Next/Previous Track....

I was just playing with the iTunes plug-in (2.4.05), and I noticed a remaining problem with the Next Track and Previous Track actions. When you are playing the second track of a playlist (or album), and hit the Previous Track button, the player stops, and deletes the HS temp playlist from iTunes. This also occurs when trying to advance past the end of the playlist (or album).

This in itself is not a major problem, but I am controlling the playlist (or album) from a simple keypad, and once the player stops, I have no way of getting it started again, because when I execute the Play command, it starts playing the playlist that was below the HS Temp Playlist.

It would make sense that if the Previous Track was executed on the first track, that nothing would happen, and that if the Next Track was executed on the last track nothing would happen. It appears that the position index (or counter) just needs to be checked to ensure it doesn't decrement below zero, or past the last valid track number.

Cheers,

George

Comment

Working...
                                X