This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itunes muting after TTS.

Has anyone have this problem? In my home there is always music playing, my wife likes to hear music while shes doing chores in the house. But, since I upgrade to 2.3, Iam having problems w/itunes. Every time HS has to say something it just stops the music. Some times it will stop itunes 30 sec after the announcement was made.

I had a thanksgiving party at home and I was constantly restarting itunes, this was so aggravating, I have a help ticket for this problem, but they have me on hold, has anybody seen this and if so, how did you get around it??
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

I have had this problem on and off for ever. Sometimes it re-starts after speaking, sometimes it doesn't. I have reported it before but i cannot reliably re-produce it and HST apparently couldn't produce it at all.

Everytime there is an update i get hopefull that maybe this time it will be fixed
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Originally posted by neiltimms View Post
      I have had this problem on and off for ever. Sometimes it re-starts after speaking, sometimes it doesn't. I have reported it before but i cannot reliably re-produce it and HST apparently couldn't produce it at all.

Every time there is an update i get hopefull that maybe this time it will be fixed
      How long have you been w/ this issue?

HST hasn't giving you any answer yet?, I cant have this the way it is, my wife is not happy w/this annoying problem...
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

HST!!! When do you expect to have this problem fix?
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Not the prettiest of solutions but this is what I do. I have 2 computers running. The first one has HS and iTunes and the sound card is connected to my whole house audio for the digital input. I use this box for digital music. I then have PC2 that is older and only has the speaker client running. This sound card is connected to the whole house audio paging functionality. I direct all announcements through this speaker client. Not sure if you are using a system with paging capabilities but I have found this works the best.

Comment

Thanks for your fed back, but I find this an over kill. This use to work fine before. I had to upgrade to the new ver of Itunes and also HS2.3, because of HStrouch and this has gone over its tolerance. althought thanks for your advice.
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

HS guys, do you know when will this issue be addressed???
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I cant tell from the symptoms you're describing if it is the callback issue. Are you running HS 2.3.0.9?
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have been testing the new iTunes plugin since HS 2.3.9 was released and I've on seen a couple of instances where the mute doesn't "hold" for the entire wav file. For speaking this is working great and 99% of the time it's working great for wav files as well. I had many more problems when using HS 2.3.0
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The biggest problem i have with this is that the music sometimes does not restart after the speach event.

Comment

This is so true

The biggest problem i have with this is that the music sometimes does not restart after the speach event.
                      This so true neil, I have the same issue. I placed a ticket in for this matter, I hope this can be attended as the callback issue, this is very annouying.
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Do you still see this after loading HS 2.3.9? Are you running any speaker proxy plugins?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Do you still see this after loading HS 2.3.9? Are you running any speaker proxy plugins?
                          Yes, it happened last night again (i updated to .9 on Wednesday night). If i leave it alone it occasionaly restarts after a while (once after an hour had passed, scared the hell out of me!).

I do not use any speach plugins, just basic hs.speak items called from scripts.

I have noticed that if i group together a lot of speach commands i.e. speach = speach & ...... which i do for welcome home and good morning greetings etc, the music will stop for the first section of the speach but then restart while hs is still speaking the rest of the command. This happens always i think. And just occasionally the music does not return at all and i have to re-start the playlist. I really can't see a pattern to it which i know makes it very hard to troubleshoot. Quite annoying though.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

For everyone having this problem put in a help desk request and I'll assign it to Rich. He has a debug version that may help identify the problem.

Comment

Thanks Rupp

Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X