This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

itunes on a separate computer.....

I have homeseer pro installed on my WHS and i have itunes on it, however I would rather have the itunes plugin use the itunes that is on my PC running my ELO touchscreen.... as it is closer to my AVR.

is there anyway to change the itunes plugin to connect to a networked PC and not the homeseer PC?

thanks guys

No there's not. I can't remember about iTunes but with Windows Media Player you can store your library on a shared network drive and access it from any WMP install. Can you share your iTunes library on the other server?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Since the HS plug-in does not handle this, you may want to take a look at Media Maestro:
      www.media-maestro.com

thanks,
      Dave

Comment

I used to have the same issue - large iTunes library on my HS Server - it was causing problems with memory and time outs in HS. In the end I switched to the Squeezebox plugin and slimserver from logitech - never looked back - so much more reliable than itunes and i can change the music from any web browser too

Jon

Comment

Ouch, never realized this. Just installed the iTunes plugin but my HS machine is not powerful enough to run iTunes..

I was under the impression that using the iTunes plugin you would be able to use HomeSeer to control another PC's iTunes application.

Controlling an iTunes app running on my HS PC causes another issue: audio -- HS is running in VM far, far away from any speakers.

Any ideas?
          DJ

Comment

Depending on your layout there could be several ways to solve this. Have a look at this for starters

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/.../airtunes.html

Comment

my computer cant handle itunes either.. i have a PRO100 Series 1 with Homeseer 2 on it.

Im switching to squeezebox plugin and using the squeezebox duet so i can have my library on a seperate computer. My major concern was intergration with HSTouch and Russound. But in the lastest Beta of squeezebox plugin, both those features have been added. Plus the Duet's wifi remote is nice for browsing your music collection. If you haven't already take a look at the squeezebox

-Tom-
              -Tom-

Comment

Working...
              X