X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes Beta plug-in 2.5.0.3

Beta 2.5.0.3:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...es_2.5.0.3.msi

Fixed reported issues. Post any new issues to this thread.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Any possibility of going back to supporting the psuedo pause? I hate my system interface without it. It was a really nice feature to have the music paused when the phone was off-hook and then resume when placed on-hook.
    Mike

Comment

Can you tell me which itunes action you are using when the phone goes off hook? I tried it here using pause and resume if paused, and it worked fine. I also tested it with speech. What is yours doing?

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
      Any possibility of going back to supporting the psuedo pause? I hate my system interface without it. It was a really nice feature to have the music paused when the phone was off-hook and then resume when placed on-hook.

Comment

I am still having issues getting the beta version to work properly. I get the following entries in the log and it takes a long time before anything is played. Personally I would rather take the hit on HomeSeer load rather than taking a hit every time I want to hear some music that is triggered by a event (or an option either way). I have a decent size library 14,000 songs, I'm sure that is what is causing the delay. The old version played music immediately, this version takes about 4 minutes once the event is triggered. I attached a picture of the event.

2/8/2010 4:18:20 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:18:12 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        2/8/2010 4:17:56 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:17:49 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        2/8/2010 4:17:31 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:17:26 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:17:15 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: PlayMusic
        2/8/2010 4:17:07 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:17:03 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:16:55 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: set_repeat
        2/8/2010 4:16:42 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:16:40 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:16:35 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: set_shuffle_off
        2/8/2010 4:16:18 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:16:17 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
        02/08/2010 04:16:15 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: PlayMusic

I am running an event that plays a specific playlist...

I am using HomeSeer 2.4.0.11 and HSTouch 1.0.0.13 and HS iTunes plug-in 2.5.0.3 and iTunes 9.0.0.70.

Just wondering if you could also have a look at the following post concenring the iTunes play count in HSTouch... http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138975 I filled out a Help Desk ticket on it #20541.

Thanks for your help and excellent work on the product.
        Attached Files
        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Can you tell me which itunes action you are using when the phone goes off hook? I tried it here using pause and resume if paused, and it worked fine. I also tested it with speech. What is yours doing?
          The phone on-hook event trigger was Phone Handset OnHook with a condition: iTunes paused. This didn't trigger. However I just realized I could get around this by removing the iTunes condition, and add the event action iTunes action: Resume if Paused. And it works now!
          Mike

Comment

I hope you don't think I'm beating a dead horse, but in the pre-beta release of iTunes plug-in I could toggle between playing and paused by only clicking a (iTunes) pause button in HSTouch. Now the pause triggers the stop state, and if I press play, the only option now to start up music again, the player starts from the beginning of a playlist, not continuing a song already playing - bummer.
            Mike

Comment

Your action is not right. First it tells the player to "play all tracks". This takes a long time since it needs to create an iTunes playlist with all the tracks in it. Then you tell it to play a playlist. So I assume all you want to do is play the playlist? Remove the action to play all tracks. When you tell it to play a playlist, it will play all the tracks in the playlist.

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
              I am still having issues getting the beta version to work properly. I get the following entries in the log and it takes a long time before anything is played. Personally I would rather take the hit on HomeSeer load rather than taking a hit every time I want to hear some music that is triggered by a event (or an option either way). I have a decent size library 14,000 songs, I'm sure that is what is causing the delay. The old version played music immediately, this version takes about 4 minutes once the event is triggered. I attached a picture of the event.

2/8/2010 4:18:20 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:18:12 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              2/8/2010 4:17:56 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:17:49 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              2/8/2010 4:17:31 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:17:26 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:17:15 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: PlayMusic
              2/8/2010 4:17:07 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:17:03 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:16:55 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: set_repeat
              2/8/2010 4:16:42 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:16:40 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:16:35 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: set_shuffle_off
              2/8/2010 4:16:18 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:16:17 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: player_state
              02/08/2010 04:16:15 PM iTunes Warning, queued command did not complete due to timeout: PlayMusic

I am running an event that plays a specific playlist...

I am using HomeSeer 2.4.0.11 and HSTouch 1.0.0.13 and HS iTunes plug-in 2.5.0.3 and iTunes 9.0.0.70.

Just wondering if you could also have a look at the following post concenring the iTunes play count in HSTouch... http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138975 I filled out a Help Desk ticket on it #20541.

Thanks for your help and excellent work on the product.

Comment

Rich,

I came home last night to music playing throughout the house. I found out it was because a phone call came in while I was away (HS answered the phone). I confirmed this morning that when taking the phone off hook and then on hook the iTunes music plugin starts playing iTunes again. I had pressed STOP on the iTunes plugin previously, so the 'resume if paused' is now simply a 'resume'.

The new behavior is unmanageable for me. You eluded to pre-beta versions having a 'psuedo' pause that caused problems, but what was the issue? For me anyway it worked very well the old way.
                Mike

Comment

I'll see if I can make it work.

Rich,

I came home last night to music playing throughout the house. I found out it was because a phone call came in while I was away (HS answered the phone). I confirmed this morning that when taking the phone off hook and then on hook the iTunes music plugin starts playing iTunes again. I had pressed STOP on the iTunes plugin previously, so the 'resume if paused' is now simply a 'resume'.

The new behavior is unmanageable for me. You eluded to pre-beta versions having a 'psuedo' pause that caused problems, but what was the issue? For me anyway it worked very well the old way.

Comment

While in the Control Panel -> Programs and Features I found the last released version and all the latest beta versions of iTunes plug-in. Can I safely remove all but the newest?
                    Attached Files
                    Mike

Comment

While in the Control Panel -> Programs and Features I found the last released version and all the latest beta versions of iTunes plug-in. Can I safely remove all but the newest?
                      Yes

Comment

Play command doesnt seem to work when the audio is either paused or stopped.. However Resume does work if the audio is either paused or stopped...

-Tom-
                        -Tom-

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          Your action is not right. First it tells the player to "play all tracks". This takes a long time since it needs to create an iTunes playlist with all the tracks in it. Then you tell it to play a playlist. So I assume all you want to do is play the playlist? Remove the action to play all tracks. When you tell it to play a playlist, it will play all the tracks in the playlist.
                          Thanks Rich, I was playing with that event and I guess I select the play all tracks option as well as the specific playlist. It works as expected now. I've also played with the pause if playing and resume if paused and it works for what I have setup. Maybe I'm not using it as others have though...

If playing one of my playlist and I want to hear the weather I kick off the event that pauses the music if playing... the weather speaks then once finished the resume if paused kicks off and the music starts playing...
                          Billy

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=909827
                            -Tom-

Comment

Scripting Shuffle is not working

The following code that I have been using for years doesn't set the playlist to shuffle anymore. The web interface does show that shuffle is on but its not shuffling. Also if I start a playlist from the web interface when shufling is already "on", the songs still play in order. The only workaround is to toggle the shuffle off and then on again.

Dim pi As Object
                              Dim MA As Object
                              pi = hs.Plugin("iTunes")
                              MA = pi.MusicAPI
                              MA.StopPlay()
                              speak("Playing playlist Oldies")
                              MA.Shuffle = 1
                              MA.Repeat = 2
                              MA.PlayMusic("", "", "Oldies")

Comment

Working...
                              X