X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple airports

Hi all,

I have a network with multiple Apple airport express I use to stream audio in different rooms. using iTunes I can, selecting multiple speakers, I can change the volume for each airport separately. do you know if this is possible via the iTune plugin?

thanks for the support

angelo

Comment

I second the above question....
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by aferrarel View Post
        Hi all,

I have a network with multiple Apple airport express I use to stream audio in different rooms. using iTunes I can, selecting multiple speakers, I can change the volume for each airport separately. do you know if this is possible via the iTune plugin?

thanks for the support

angelo
        I am not a HomeSeer user, but I'm thinking about using it. I am also curious if the itunes plugin has the ability to send music over the apple airport express to some rooms and not others (i.e., does it have the choose your speakers feature). Also, with the plugin, can you access multiple itunes accounts on the same computer (assuming you are using the software with a pc as your controller)?...and access multiple accounts within a touchpanel and/or smartphone (android)?

Comment

Air Play functionality in Itunes plug-in

I would also like to know if this is supported. I have three Apple TV's that I stream music to. Sometimes just one speaker, two or all and would love Homeseer to be able to choose which speakers to play to.

Comment

Database not correct

I load a lot of songs and when i go via the webbrowers to itunes
            then it is ok. When i use Hstouch then it don't function as different of them. Like i had ask.................display filter drop me out of Hstouch. Also the music that i select dont function. Artist, Album, Songs and then i become no tracks. In the webbrowser i become the tracks.

Where i need to start..........

Jan Holleman

Comment

Originally posted by KevinC View Post
              I would also like to know if this is supported. I have three Apple TV's that I stream music to. Sometimes just one speaker, two or all and would love Homeseer to be able to choose which speakers to play to.
              This is not possible at the moment.

I asked for this many times, but did not receive an answer. I guess it's very hard or impossible to program, or else it would be in the plug-in earlier.
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Questions.

I'm new to this stuff and have a few questions about using iTunes in a HomeSeer environment. First I'll assume that iTunes is running on whatever PC or Hometroller box that is running the HomeSeer program. Where are your music libraries located? On a PC you could easily have a copy of all your music on an internal drive, but the HomeTrollers only have 8GB of space. Can iTunes efficiently use a library that is on a NAS drive? How, or with what other device is iTunes streamed to rooms in the house?

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

Comment

Originally posted by crossbred900 View Post
                  I'm new to this stuff and have a few questions about using iTunes in a HomeSeer environment. First I'll assume that iTunes is running on whatever PC or Hometroller box that is running the HomeSeer program. Where are your music libraries located? On a PC you could easily have a copy of all your music on an internal drive, but the HomeTrollers only have 8GB of space. Can iTunes efficiently use a library that is on a NAS drive? How, or with what other device is iTunes streamed to rooms in the house?

Thanks for any insight you can give me.
                  I think for a HT, you'll find the manageable library size is fairly limited before HS starts having problems. Yes, it will work just fine with files on an external drive whether it's NAS or USB attached locally. You'll have to install iTunes.

One of the nice things about iTunes these days is Home Sharing but I don't know how that works with the plug-in. I think only "local" library media can be accessed via the plug-in (meaning local iTunes library, pointing to whatever folders you specify).
                  huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

HS Touch pause toggle command not working properly

First I would like to say that the iTunes plugin and iTunes media player is the only media player that works on the Hometroller H3.

I have found and issue with the pause toggle element in HS Touch. While playing a selection of tracks, if you pause and then unpause the first track in the list, the selection picks up from where it was paused. If you pause and then unpause any other track, the iTunes player starts playing from the begining of the first track. Anyone else experience this?

Comment

What version are you using? There are more than one discussed in this thread.

I can say for sure that the latest "non beta" which I am running 2.5.0.12 has this problem exactly as you describe.

Originally posted by Ken LaCapria View Post
                      First I would like to say that the iTunes plugin and iTunes media player is the only media player that works on the Hometroller H3.

I have found and issue with the pause toggle element in HS Touch. While playing a selection of tracks, if you pause and then unpause the first track in the list, the selection picks up from where it was paused. If you pause and then unpause any other track, the iTunes player starts playing from the begining of the first track. Anyone else experience this?

Comment

are there any plugins for scripting for this? i would like to be able to adjust the volume from a script

im totally lost and getting errors from the help files. here is what the help files says:

Dim pi as HSPI_ITUNES.HSPI
                        pi = hs.Plugin("iTunes")
                        Dim MusicApi As HSPI_ITUNES.HSMusicAPI
                        MusicApi = pi.GetMusicAPI(1)
                        MusicApi.volumeUp

but i just get errors
                        9/28/2012 11:43:25 AM - Error - Script compile error: Type 'HSPI_ITUNES.HSPI' is not defined.on line 15

anyone able to offer some help?
                        Last edited by collegeboyslive; September 28, 2012, 10:43 AM.
                        detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

You might be able to get it down to a single liner (although this does not test whether the plugin is enabled, matter for yourself whether you want to test it beforehand). Try

hs.Plugin("iTunes").MusicApi.VolumeUp

Comment

Still appears to be problems with the iTunes plugin....

I just swapped over from the Media Player plugin to the iTunes plugin (2.5.0.13 beta) as I have most of my music in iTunes now instead of Media Player, and I noticed that the method PauseIfPlaying doesn't appear to be doing what it was designed to do. I did some basic investigation, and it appears that after the PauseIfPlaying method is called, the PlayerState is set to 2 (which corresponds to Stopped). Then when you call PlayIfPaused, nothing happens because the PlayerState is 2 (Stopped) rather than 3 (Paused).

This seems like it would be a simple issue to resolve in the Plugin, but it causes no end of grief, as I use the Pause command all the time.

I will enter a ticket for this bug.

Comment

iTunes plugin from C#

Hi. Does anybody have an example of how to use the iTunes plugin from C#.net? What type of object does hsapplication.Plugin("iTunes") call return? I need to cast it into something in order to use the functions from the plugin, but I can't seem to figure this out.

Thank you!

Comment

HS iTunes for HS3

Will iTunes ever get too HS3? And if not what's going to happen for those who already have iTunes in HS2?
                                Hector
                                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                                X