This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin fails with Error in PlayMusicEx

I'm trying to use the plug-in via the Music API. When I call playmusic, I get an error:

6/21/2012 3:58:42 PM iTunes Error in PlayMusicEx: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Dan

Is iTunes running when you run this code?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

Anything else I can look at to try to figure this out? I've got a user (I wrote HSDroid) trying to use HSDroid with the iTunes plugin and he's running into this problem. I've used it with the WMP plugin and it works fine with it, so I'm assuming there's something going on with the iTunes plugin and the Music API.

Dan

Comment

Rich or Rick are probably the best source for this information. A help desk request may work and for the fastest responses the paid support is the way to go.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by danhi View Post
            I'm trying to use the plug-in via the Music API. When I call playmusic, I get an error:

6/21/2012 3:58:42 PM iTunes Error in PlayMusicEx: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Dan
            Could you post what and how exactly you are calling the Music API, perhaps the script or code and what the parameters values are. My guess would be that you are passing information that is not understood by either the plugin or iTunes.

Does it sometimes work, it works intermittently or you never got it to work?

Hope this provides some ideas to pursue

Dirk

Comment

Info

Here is a snippet from my log.
              7/6/2012 1:48:13 PM HSDroid CurrentTrackInfo did not return any data.
              7/6/2012 1:48:12 PM HSDroid Playtrack: Artist: 10cc album: Greatest Hits 1972-78track: Rubber Bullets
              7/6/2012 1:48:12 PM iTunes Error in PlayMusicEx: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Itunes library is on a NAS server on the network. The iTunes app will display the proper song and I have basic control, volume, pause, but trying to FFW or RWD or select a differnet song kills the current track.
              iTunes version:10.6.3.25
              HS version: 2.5.0.52

If I select a tune and play it from the iTune plugin it shows on the HSDroid app.
              Really want to get this working!

Comment

The code (VB.Net) I use to call the plug-in is:

Dim pi As Object
                If MusicApi Is Nothing Then
                pi = hs.Plugin("Media Player")
                If Not pi Is Nothing Then
                MusicApi = pi.GetMusicAPI(1)
                Else
                pi = hs.Plugin("iTunes")
                If Not pi Is Nothing Then
                MusicApi = pi.GetMusicAPI(1)
                End If
                End If
                End If
                If MusicApi Is Nothing Then
                hs.WriteLog(IFACE_NAME, "No Music API found")
                Return False
                End If

Which gets me the plug-in then:

MusicApi.PlayMusic(artist, album, pl, genre, track)

to actually play the track.

Note that this works fine with the Windows Media Player plug-in. Also it works for me with the iTunes plug-in. Rex is using my app (HSDroid) to connect, and it fails for him. We've tried to figure out what might be different and the only thing is that his library is on a NAS.

Is there some debugging code that he can run to provide some better info? We'd both like to get this fixed.

Dan

Comment

Which gets me the plug-in then:

MusicApi.PlayMusic(artist, album, pl, genre, track)
                  Are you calling PlayMusic or PlayMusicEx? The error seems to come from PlayMusicEx ....

Comment

I call the plug-in API PlayMusic. I assume that the plug-in calls the COM API PlayMusicEx.

Comment

I call the plug-in API PlayMusic. I assume that the plug-in calls the COM API PlayMusicEx.
                      Gotcha. Have you checked (or searched the bulletin board) whether there are some debug options to turn on for the iTunes plugin itself. Maybe that can shed some light.

Comment

There don't appear to be any debugging options. Is there anyone on this forum that actually supports the plug-in? Considering that it's a plug-in you have to pay for, it would be nice if there were some support available.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                        X