This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with iTunes plugin

I'm new at this. I have plugin installed and it recognizes my iTunes music. Is there away to stream the music on something other than computer where homeseer is installed such as iPad, iPhone or external media such as Apple TV or express? Thanks

I don't think that's possible with this iTunes plugin

if you run HS3 have a look at the iTunes DAAP plugin: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161870

if you still want to use HS2 have a look at the iTunes Speakers plugin:
    http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1136

both plugins can handle your Airplay Speakers: Apple TV, Airport Express, etc...

Comment

Thanks for your reply. This makes the iTunes plugin pretty useless as homeseer is set up on an old netbook with tinny speakers. Do I assume the same holds true for the win media plugin??
      Anyway,I may try your speaker plugin. Have seen your instruction manual and wondered if it was difficult to set up as this computer is not my main computer for use with iTunes. Am I making any sense?? Appreciate your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat View Post
        Thanks for your reply. This makes the iTunes plugin pretty useless as homeseer is set up on an old netbook with tinny speakers. Do I assume the same holds true for the win media plugin??
        I don't know, I have never tried the win media plugin

Originally posted by kitkat View Post
        Anyway,I may try your speaker plugin. Have seen your instruction manual and wondered if it was difficult to set up as this computer is not my main computer for use with iTunes. Am I making any sense?? Appreciate your reply.
        both iTunes Speakers for HS2, and iTunes DAAP for HS3 are very easy to set up. The set up process works exactly like the one for the Remote app on iOS, if you are familiar with that. You can have the plugin running on your HS machine and iTunes running on any other machine on your local network.
        If you have the choice, I would go with HS3 and the iTunes DAAP plugin which is a full featured iTunes plugin, whereas iTunes Speakers for HS2 is only capable of controlling speakers.

Let me know if you need some help.

Comment

Thanks, I'll let you know if i have trouble. Since I use HS2 I'll have to go with just speaker control it if I decide to upgrade I'll keep other in mind.

Comment

Working...
          X