This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes Plug-In for HS3 Beta 3.0.0.1

Itunes for HS3 version 3.0.0.1 is in the updater, in the Beta section. Please post how you intend to use this plugin. Right now, it can only play playlists. The main use will be for HSTouch, which will be posted shortly. From HSTouch you have all the features you had in HS2.

This plugin requires iTunes to be installed on your PC or HomeTroller.

To be added:

* Voice recognition integration
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Glad to see this plug-in.

My initial use is to play our local NPR affiliate in the morning. If I recall correctly, I can do this by putting their stream in a playlist.

That will be followed, in due course, with playing over a bedside HSTouch client. That may have to wait until the new version of the tabletop touchscreen (I missed out on the last-time buy, unfortunately).

Thanks
    Doug

Comment

I would love to use this plugin!!!! a needed feature for me would be the ability to select airplay speakers as well. So selecting music/album/artist/playlist etc... and then also select which airplay speakers to play to.

Comment

I tried installing the beta build, but I keep getting this error:
        "Install/Update of package HomeSeer iTunes failed."

Comment

+1 for airplay speaker selection and volume.

I have very basic desires for music through iTunes, would be nice if this plugin could handle that.

I do know that iTunes DAAP will handle this and much more, but it really is overkill for my needs.
          HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
            +1 for airplay speaker selection and volume.

I have very basic desires for music through iTunes, would be nice if this plugin could handle that.

I do know that iTunes DAAP will handle this and much more, but it really is overkill for my needs.
            The iTunes plugin from HST is based on the iTunes COM API which does not handle control of Airplay Speakers, that's the main reason I originally created the iTunes DAAP plugin, i.e. to be able to enable/disable airplay speakers and to control volume for each one.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Spud's plugin, and would gladly purchase it if there was a good interface for HSTouch, to be able to select my music options.

If there is anyway Spud and Homeseer (rjh) can work together on the iTunes plugin that would be fantastic. Spuds plugin does everything I want it to do, it just needs better integration into HSTouch.

Comment

Rich, any update on this plugin? I noticed that after I installed HSTouch 3.0.0.59, It detects the iTunes music plug-in. From designer, I now see Music Selector and iTunes as a source.

Comment

hs3 itunes plugin missing in beta

cant find the itunes plugin in the beta section

and any update on the full version of the plugin big mistake going over to hs3 not enough decent plugins

Comment

any update on the itunes plugin in, its been a while now

Comment

Conversion from string "Persistent ID" to type 'Integer' is not valid

I have version: 3.0.0.1

When it starts, I get the following error message:

HS iTunes ERROR~!~Error in Void Build():Conversion from string "Persistent ID" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Also any updates coming for the plugin e.g. HSTouch support?

Comment

So where is the download for this? I cant find it in the beta downloads.

Comment

the iTunes plugin by HST has been open-sourced, and is not supported anymore.

read this:
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...48#post1163348

Comment

Working...
                          X